Friday, March 22, 2013

Working on a puzzle...and a game on the iPhone

 If you're a regular reader of the Johnston Chronicles, you may recall that I've talked about Emerson's puzzle-abilities.  He's an amazing puzzle working little guy!
 He informed me that he had to make the frame first.

I asked him if I could help him by pulling the frame pieces out of the box...

He said, "OK."  I couldn't put those pieces together, that was his job.

Emerson has certain "rules."  
 Such concentration....
 What you can't hear..is his singing.  After the frame had been worked, he started to sing...just a low, sweet song.  I wish, wish, wish, I could remember the song...it was just so sweet.  He told me, "I sing it with my dad."
I wish I had timed him...to see how long it took him to put it together.  It wasn't very long..maybe 25-30 minutes.  He also talked pretty seriously while he worked his puzzle. 
 He was definitely in a more serious, somber mood.  He did get sick during the night with a temperature...which may have had something to do with his somber mood... but oh, so sweet he is!
 You may just happen to notice that this puzzle box says the puzzle is for ages 6+... and you may not know that Emerson is 3 1/2 years old!  He'll actually be 4 years old on May 13! 
Here's the finished puzzle... 100% completed by Emerson!  
After the puzzle, he wanted to play a game on my iPhone.  He and Benjamin had both played this one before...I'm amazed at how well these little guys can figure these things out!  It's like they're wired for understanding technology!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allene always said that Gabriel could really sing{ha}. I wish you had a video of Emerson singing. What a whiz at working puzzles. Mom