Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Good things come to those who wait - SOMETIMES

Well, well, well....I had to pinch myself to believe what I was seeing. Look what came in the mail:You may be having trouble believing it too...but look closely...it is an envelope from SOUTHWEST AIRLINES. You remember, the airline who had their automated phone lines crossed with OUR PHONE NUMBER. For EIGHT - that's 8 .... VIII ... or 2/3 of a year... that we have been getting phone calls wanting to know the status of a flight. I called, they would tell me it was my problem... and then one day...

I "used my head for something besides a hat rack" as my mom says - and I got MAD (that might have been from my mom too... MIGHT HAVE BEEN I said...) and I told the uncaring person at Southwest that I was going to start telling people their plane had crashed.

Wouldn't you know it, things started happening then. I finally got connected to CHRIS. He's head of something there at Southwest...he started researching what was going on (and asked me to please NOT say the plane had crashed.)

Well, they FINALLY solved the problem - THEIR PROBLEM - and in this envelope that came to my house were 4... that's FOUR... IV.... round trip tickets. We have to use them within a year. Not a problem....

So now my guy and I have to look at where all Southwest flies...and take a trip...maybe where there's no phone??? I may have to call Southwest to check on the status of our flight...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWEE!!!!!!!!!
E

Anonymous said...

This is very exciting, I hope you go somewhere great!

Anonymous said...

So do you still get calls? I would have went higher up the chain and said you wanted tickets for your oldest son too. He likes places with no phones as well.

Judy said...

No calls anymore...well, we haven't had one for about a month. Chris told me 'they found the problem' and had fixed it!

I did find out that Southwest flies to Hawaii and to Washington D.C. - two places I've never been...so maybe....