Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind, right?

First of all, I had to look up the word 'prerogative'. I thought I knew how to spell it, but then it wasn't in the dictionary. Then with the help of the internet dictionary, they showed me the error of my ways. I was spelling it PERogative. I could have sworn...good thing I didn't.

That paragraph has absolutely nothing to do with this post.

As you can see, the second wall went up today.

You may also notice the third wall is ready, but not up. THANK GOODNESS!

See the window that's framed in on the wall laying down? Well, that window and the window you can see on the newest standing wall are on either side of where the hearth will be for the wood stove. No problem.

Back to the piece laying down.

What you can't see is the opening for the french doors. Now, had I been more 'on top of things' and done some calculating and measuring, I would have figured out that the space between the window and the french doors wasn't as large as I would want. It's about 50". Well, that's the wall where our TV will go - which at this point would be just fine. We aren't really TV watchers, at least not now.

So...after I saw this wall laying down today I started a mild panic...hot flashes...a lot of activity in my brain about what I thought would be best.

Poor Ron. He walks in and I immediately let him in on my 'discovery.'

We go measure.

I sweet talk Ron into going over to Pete's and telling him the framing needs to be ... well, changed a little.

So we're (not sure why I say "we" here) going to still frame it for the french doors, but also frame it in smaller for a larger single door - Now the wall between the door and the window will be about 7' or so... much better.

Ah...maybe I can sleep now.

No comments: