Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pete and Al paint primer that's the wrong color...

Pete posed after they were through painting primer.

He's not cold, he's just saving his hair...I think.

Yep, today was primer day. Pete decided to have it tinted the same color we were going to paint it. Well, the guy at the paint store...well, Pete thinks he had sniffed a little too much paint by the time he mixed the primer because it was absolutely NOT the right color. Oh well, it's just primer.

My first thought was that I had made a HUGE mistake...in the color. It looks good completely painted, but I kept thinking it looked too 'orangy'. Al finally agreed that he didn't think it was the same color as we had painted as a sample. I sprinted into the garage, found the sample, and Pete splashed some on.... totally different. Even big boys play... Pete painted a big 'J' on the wall. Now he's really applying the primer...even though it's the wrong color.Uh-oh. Pete was yelling at Ron (even though Ron was at work) that he was fired. I guess Ron had told Pete to get 5 gallons... and they were running out. No problem. Al to the rescue. Notice the technique of 'tipping the bucket'? It worked, Ron's not fired, the room was covered in primer. Even if it is the wrong color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

J for Josh I'm assuming :)

Judy said...

Absolutely! Wishing Josh was here!