Sunday, February 24, 2008

The room is shaping up

Pete and company finished painting the room Friday. (As you can see from this photo, Pete would probably be a graffiti artist if he was a bit younger! Pete painted an R, J, G, and L on the walls...one for each first name of the original family! Josh, he said the J had to double for both of us.) The color is "dried hydrangea" which is a light tan. I probably would have gone darker if we didn't have oak trim. This color is still in the beige/tan family, but is light enough for a contrast.

Once the painting was dry, the plastic covering the windows and hearth came down. He also put up the ceiling fan and got some of the plugs put in. Ron's been doing some touch-up painting today (where the plastic was) and putting up some trim. Here, you can see my latest painting I'm working on. I think I've decided it'll hang here once it's finished and framed. Here's the rose closer. It's not finished, but almost. I love it up against the tan wall...and the brick brings out the little bit of pink that's in the buds.

The floors have been AN ISSUE this week. I've been off work (President's Week - thank you George and Abe!...you were good guys!) and have spent the entire week running to floor stores, bringing home samples, calling my girlfriends for opinions...etc. Yesterday, we FINALLY finally decided on the wood floor. Hopefully, it'll be ordered tomorrow and will be in in about 1 1/2 weeks. The carpet was decided on earlier. Here it is next to the hearth.The carpet is by Shaw. The color is called "Conch Shell". I'm SO looking forward to having it all complete!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, I love the carpet and paint. It is going to be so pretty, and the picture is gorgeous. It looks as if it is finished but the artist knows best. Enjoyed talking to you. I love you, Mother

Anonymous said...

SUPERB! Its really coming together. Its going to be such a great room for festivities, parties and lounging.

And don't mention it... for the holiday I mean. It was nothing really.

Sincerely,

Gabraham Lincoln

Anonymous said...

It's looking really good! That carpet sort of looks like mine! Did you really paint that rose? Amazing!

Judy said...

Hey Stephanie! Yeah, I painted the rose...I'll send you a card when I get it finished and get cards made. Watercoloring is my hobby.