Saturday, February 16, 2008

You absolutely MUST try this...if you love chocolate!

Wednesday at school, one of my students, Macey, came in with a mini chocolate cake and told me it was an early Valentine's Day gift.

I thanked her... I hugged her.

Skip forward an hour and a half to recess.

I decided to take a bite ... and then another ... and then another ... all the while wanting to screech at the top of my lungs, "OH MY GOSH!"

This cake is incredible. I ate almost the whole thing. I took a tiny bit of it to finish at lunch. Well, I let my buddy, Jake, take a bite. She promptly asked for another bite at the same time as she was GRABBING IT OUT OF MY HANDS. Then my buddy, Lynne, took a bite. So much for me finishing the cake.

Then I was hounding poor little Macey to ask her mom to send me the recipe. I think I reminded her 4,568 times on Wednesday. Thursday morning she walked in and I just looked at her and said, "WELL????" No recipe. Her mom was out of town. RATS.

Yesterday she walked in. "WELL?" I screamed. She had forgotten, BUT her mom was home. I gave Macey the phone and she called her mom on her cell phone while she was shopping to tell her that Mrs. Johnston was having a FIT for the recipe.

I got on the phone and her mom told me it was "the most clicked chocolate cake recipe." She told me how to find it... which I promptly have done. I'm actually getting ready to make it and try to control myself to only eat one piece a day.

How's that for a sales pitch? Here it is for all you chocolate lovers...and if you're not a chocolate lover, you will be after you eat this cake. Just click HERE! You can thank me after you've gained a few pounds - which will probably be the day after you make it.

Postscript: The recipe calls for baking this in 2 10" cake pans. I only have 9" pans, so I used 3 9" pans...which was perfect. Plus, it only baked about 50-55 minutes. I decided NOT to hop on the scales this morning since, well, I'll just say the cake is incredibly delicious!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clicked it. Can't wait to make it!!!!
Laner

Anonymous said...

Would you send me a piece?

Bro

Judy said...

Oh brother, dear, I'd love to send you a piece...but unfortunately, it's almost gone. Come on up and I'll make you an entire cake...

Anonymous said...

Yea for another recipe! I'll have to try this one out too!

Kasi