Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Taping is in progress...

Actually, the taping might be finished. Now that I'm sitting up here looking at these photos, I'm trying to remember if it was all taped... um?
Both of these photos are taken from the same spot. I'm back in the back corner, pretty much where the door to outside will be. Our largest dilemma at this moment is the hearth and the wall behind the wood stove. Man-made stone is all the rage now, but I think I'm leaning toward brick. I love brick, have always loved brick. Maybe it's because I'm a GRITS. (Girl Raised In The South) Everything is brick down there and here, well, you don't see a lot of it.

Our woodstove is dark brown enamel, so we have to be careful that the color (brick, stone?) complements the stove. A masonry guy is suppose to come by this weekend to give us a bid. I've called several others, but haven't heard back.
Lots of changes... maybe in a month it'll all be finished?

No comments: