Monday, February 25, 2008

"Fire It Up"

When I was in Rome, smoke like this meant there was a new Pope (I think ... maybe it was black smoke that meant a new Pope??? Oh well, that actually has absolutely nothing to do with this post!). Well, here at the Johnston Chronicles, smoke means ... the stove is in!

Ron wants the blogging world to know HE TOOK THIS PHOTO and he actually named this post.

Ron, Pete, and Al got it installed. I think the worst was just getting it in place. Ron said it is H-E-A-V-Y. I'm glad I wasn't here.Fresh out of the packaging...It's a shame when as a mom you miss your child's first steps, first words, etc. I've heard moms talk about going to pick up their child at the babysitter and the sitter telling them about the first step... Well, look at this photo. It's not EXACTLY the same thing, but close. Graffiti Petey (Ron's ingenuity once again) was there for the stove's first fire. I wasn't home...sniff, sniff. (Actually I was out enjoying a delicious dinner at my friend, Shirley's, for a cooking light dinner. ) I'm sure Graffiti Petey and Ron took good care of this big first step.Ahh, I've been looking forward to this!

In other news at the Johnston Chronicles (I'm feeling a little like a reporter ... ) the roofers returned and started tearing off the old roof. They're only going to do a section at a time just incase we have another downpour.Look close and you can see where some of the shingles have been removed. I'm actually really sad to lose the shake roof... I've loved it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie. the stove is so pretty and looks so warm and toasty. Get a cup of tea and enjoy. :love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Lookin good Jutze! Hopefully Gabe won't push me on this one. If I remember right, that burnt through all my layers of skin. I remember I was pretty messed up. Pay backs a coming Goobe.
Josh
(The one who scrambled his hand on a wood stove)

Anonymous said...

Next time its your face!

Judy said...

Hey Gabe, Your dad says, "Hey, that's a little rough there!" Your dad said I could quote him on that one. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha. All in good fun. I would never hurt Josh's pretty face.