Sunday, March 16, 2008

The carpet is complete...and we've got a little semblance of order around here

On Friday, the carpet was completed ... and I absolutely love it. The new room is so warm and cozy. The wood has never come in so they can finish the rest of the downstairs ... oh well ... John (who owns the floor company) said now all of it will be in Wednesday. Then it needs to 'acclimate' for about 5 days. So it'll be around the 25th or 26th before it's complete.

Pete came over on Saturday. The first thing he did was trim both of the doorways into the new room. In this photo, he's up on a ladder ("hold on, let me suck in my gut") in the entry from the kitchen. My guy was staining boards so Pete could put them up.

After working on the framing, Pete and Ron moved some of the furniture in. What a difference! It's starting to feel like home again.


We haven't put up any pictures... just some of the main furniture is in.
I think from these photos, you can get a sense of what it's like. I'm loving the wood stove! Actually, right now, as I write... I just ask my guy if it was hot up here or was it me. The hallway is 75 degrees... our hallway is NEVER 75 degrees! I love it!
PostScript: I realized I hadn't included this photo - the new dining room .... so I just added it in. (Monday night).

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow mom, I can't believe how much the addition expanded everything. That looks great. Tell Pop he needs a big flat screen to watch the games on.
Love you
Josh

Anonymous said...

Judy, the room is so pretty. I'm with Josh. It looks so large but so beautiful. I know you two are going to enjoy the room. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Judy, is that Mimi's table? It looks great in the room. Who'd thought in 1946 the table would be in your home. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm with Josh too... Plasma!!! Looks great. I can see myself laying on the floor in pain on Thanksgiving day from a turkey overdose. Also I can see, and this may be a bit of a stretch to you all... I can see in the future Ronald dozing off on the couch... fighting it. Denying the snooze for the less offensive "resting".

Looks great!

Gabe

Anonymous said...

It looks so great. The room seems bigger once you put everything in there and clean out all the construction gear. I bet your happy its almost done!

Judy said...

Josh and Gabe... The idea of a flat screen has come up...that's about as far as it's gone.

Mom, Yep, that's Mimi's table! Is 1946 when you bought it? Didn't you buy that table for Mimi???

Hey Steph... YES! I'm SO happy it's almost complete!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, I left one comment a few minutes ago but it didn't pop up. Yes, I did buy the table for Mimi and I know she would be pleased you are going to enjoy like she did. Dining room is so pretty. Love you, mom

Anonymous said...

Judy,
The house looks amazing! It will be so comfortable during family gatherings and will look fantastic with all of your artwork. I love the hardwood; it makes the dining room distinct and elegant.
Love, Emily

Anonymous said...

Judy & Ron

The room looks great! You can order the largest plasma on the planet for this room. The dining room also looks great!

Love ya,

John

Anonymous said...

It looks great. The hard woods in the dinning room are beautiful. Love you both, Becky