Monday, March 03, 2008

Ron says the house will be warmer with a black hat

Well, he didn't say that exactly ... but he did say the house would be warmer with a black roof.

I thought I had taken a picture of the finished roof ... actually, I know I did. I guess I erased it. No worries (as they say in Australia), I can take one anytime.

If you look at this picture, you can see the little ledge that put up so they could work, I guess. Marvin said it was amazing how those guys ran around on the roof. It's STEEP... I wouldn't want my guy up there running around, that's for sure.

I have to admit, I do like the roof. I was afraid I wasn't going to like it all.... that I would seriously miss the shake roof, but I was wrong. Now, I'll look forward to the added warmth!

In other expensive news, the flooring company will bring the wood out on Thursday so it can 'acclimate' to the house. Well, we certainly want it to be comfortable! Then on Monday - a week from today, they'll start. That was GREAT news for us, so now we have the weekend to get the house ready - (translation, clean out all the junk and clutter up the garage more).

No comments: