Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy 83rd Birthday, Mom!



(Disclaimer: We are actually a bit older than this photo)

She's 83 today!That's getting up there in years...but then so is 55, which is what I am...and so is 1, which Emerson and Benjamin almost are...
Mom on her 1st birthday

I can say that because she, who is now turning 83, has always shunned people saying anything about getting older. "Age is just a number," and "You're only as old as you feel" have been her opinion for years. Um? Do you still feel that's true when you're 83?
Regardless, my mother is 83 years old today...April 12th. My dad would have been 88. I always thought it was cool that they shared the same birthday...when I was younger, I also thought it was neat that they shared the same anniversary! Wow!






I'm older now...like 55...so having the same anniversary as your spouse is not nearly as unique.

What has my mom taught me?

A lot....

I don't have room to list everything here...I know I couldn't even begin to think of everything...but looking at some of the photos, I realize she taught me a lot about family... about loving your family. My mother is happy when she's around her family...I'm just the exact same way.
I wish I could be with you on your 83rd birthday...

But know I'm thinking about you...loving you...thankful that God gave me to you...
Happy 83rd Birthday, Mom!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you my sweet daughter for the kind words. It's what every mothers longs to hear that maybe they did something right. I love the blog and the pictures. I do not feel 83 and age is a number. I love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day!!! Love Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Mom, Happy Birthday. You get better looking each year. It was fun having dinner with you tonight.

She drank a LARGE PEACH milkshake. She drank every last drop!

Love ya,

Your favorite son

JDB

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Saddie. We love you!!!
Josh, Erica, & Thalia