Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to Emerson King!

One year ago today...


at 5:03 p.m.... our little Emerson King was born...I look at these pictures, and I can hardly believe a year has gone by...
I remember...like it was minutes ago...sitting here, holding this precious little man...marveling at the gift we had just been given...
Greg, Emily's dad, and I were definitely some ultra-proud grandparents!
I started looking through all the folders of photos on my computer, reliving every single time I've seen my little guy...
I had told myself I was going to post 2...maybe 3...photos from each month.

Yeah, right....
When I opened up 'Emerson's birthday blog' to start writing this morning...there were a little more than 2 or 3 per month...there were something like 159!
It's been utter delight watching this little guy grow... to watch my baby boy as a Daddy...
to watch Emily as a mom... both of them so loving, so relaxed, so deliriously happy being parents of Emerson!
My guy and I ... have loved having a little baby....
actually 2 little babies....

Aunt Lindsey... she was holding her little nephew...thinking about how she and Donnie would soon be parents too.
Grandparents...
This has been one of my many favorite photos...I don't think Emerson would even fit on my guy's chest anymore!
3 generations...


The family...you're a lucky little man, Emerson King!


In June, Emerson and his cousin, Benjamin, met for the first time. They were born 17 days apart, even though they were due 7 weeks apart!
June, 2009
In June, 2009, Emerson became a Texas Ranger's fan!
In July, 2009, Thalia came to visit...she actually came home with my guy and I from Lissette's wedding in Texas. After a week, we headed down for her to meet her two little cousins...
Did I say how much I love watching my baby boy be a Daddy?
Thalia and Emerson, July 2009

July, 2009
August, 2009... Emerson and Benjamin in their matching shirts from my friend, Lynne...
and in their matching baby kimonos...
and in their matching outfits from their Saddie...
Emerson, August 1, 2009
At the end of August, Emerson came up to visit. His cousin also came...
Mimi and Papa wanted to take a photo with their little guys...
By now, we're into the first of September...Emerson told me he loved me! (not really)
His papa was having fun throwing him...well, raising him...up in the air. This was the first time we had seen Emerson LAUGH so hard!
In September, Emerson became a traitor... just kidding... by wearing this A's hat! What a cute traitor he would be...
We sat him up in the bumpo...or something like that...
Look at this little man in September, 2009!
Emerson enjoyed hanging out with his cousin...they would, fortunately, have many times to hang out in their first year!
September 23, 2009....I had gone down to a People to People meeting... this was a Wednesday morning...Emily had to work, and so Gabe waited a while to go to work...we hung out so I could play with Emerson. Finally, I had to head home, so Emerson's Daddy took him to Kay's.
In the first of October, we were back down to visit...Emerson and Benjamin were together again...
Emerson was great at his tummy time...
Father and son... what a special bond!

Emerson was so inquisitive with all the toys on his ... can't remember what you call these things...

Emerson started eating food in October... he wasn't too sure about it at first...
Halloween came...and he was a chicken!
In November, the whole gang came home for Thanksgiving. I was one happy Mimi. Emerson was the 'icing in the middle of the oreo cookie!'
He wasn't too sure what that meant....
Thanksgiving was a wonderful time... everyone was so excited to meet this little guy... Emerson wanted to explore Aunt Patti's glasses...

She didn't mind at all!
Great grandmothers! This is priceless... Grammy, Emerson, Thalia, Saddie, and Benjamin..
November, 2009
Emerson got a bit exhausted from all the playing with the family...

Emerson with his cousins....
Emerson hung out with Benjamin on the kitchen table.
He was now well acquainted with food...loving to eat...and eating a lot!
Thalia and Emerson, November, 2009
Emerson met Uncle Joshua... the same Uncle Joshua he saluted to when he was first born!
He also met Aunt Erica...
"Hey cuz, all this attention is awesome, don't ya think?"
Grammy and Emerson...
Saddie and Emerson...
Saddie was loving to hold her great grandsons...
In December, my guy and I were fortunate enough to see all the kids. We were on our way back from Uncle Joshua's...and we stopped and spent the night. This was Christmas Day...Emerson's first Christmas!
Mama Emily and her little brown bear...aka Emerson King!
December was his first introduction to Mum-Mums...
and apples cut up in this little net...so he could chew on it and get the liquid from the fruit...
I absolutely love this photo...
Emerson's Daddy bought him a red jeep for Christmas... there's history with a red jeep!


Emerson opening his first Christmas gift... looks like a little help from his Papa!

In January, bathtime became so much fun! Even standing next to the tub was a grand time!
I love this...Emerson loves to play with balls...in the tub this day in January, there were 3 balls in the water...and he always had two of them in his hands...
In January, we went to eat at Applebee's. Emerson and Benjamin had a great time eating out together!
He was starting to stand a lot...we'd stand him up next to the ottoman, and he'd stand there forever...he also loves Biscuit!
Teeth were coming in too...quickly! See his four bottom teeth?
Again, playing with balls...
February 20, 2010
Emerson started crawling on January 31st...he loved to crawl over to the sliding glass doors and check out what was going on outside!
A special time for his Mimi! Not so much the bottle...but just holding him close to me!
In March, Emerson started walking...not alone, but behind his 'State Farm insured walker!'
He was proud of himself..and we were all so proud of him, too.
In March, Emerson was moving around a lot more, crashing into whatever got in his way....thus, a few bruises on his forehead!
He's always been full of expressions... I love to catch all his different faces!
Aunt Lindsey had brought a video on signing...put out by Baby Einstein. Because Emerson was so into crawling, he did NOT want to be still for even a minute. This started the nearly impossible feat of catching both the boys in a photo. In this photo, Emerson was watching the video, freezing in the midst of his crawl to watch!
In April, we all went down to Uncle Joshua, Aunt Erica, and cousin Thalia's new house in southern California. It was Easter, and the boys went in their overalls!
Emerson was one busy little guy...here's one of those moments when he finally just gave out!
He loved pushing his 'State Farm insured walker' around Uncle Joshua's house!
Sometimes, he'd just pull up to the couch and hang out... he was starting to stand by himself for a second or two...
His Papa told him what a super grandson he was...
Both the boys loved sitting on their Papa's lap...
April 4, 2010
April, 2010
Emerson, you've given us all an incredibly special year. You are one loved little guy...one very loved little guy. Your Mimi can hardly wait to see you tomorrow...

but today, May 13, 2010, you are 1 year old... and your Mimi has been thinking about you all day long...

Happy, Happy 1st Birthday!

I love you so very much!
Mimi

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emerson King! Your Auntie, Uncle D, and cousin Benjamin love you! We can't wait to see you at your birthday party and ride the choo-choo together! Love you

Anonymous said...

We had a good birthday yesterday and are very excited about his party! I can't believe how fast this year has gone by... We are so blessed to have him in our lives and we are so thankful for our families and the year we have all had.

See you at the party!!

Gabe

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emerson King, You are my first great grandson and I love you so very much. Wish I could be at your party and I will be in spirit. Happy Birthday Little King. Saddie

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY little Emerson! I can't believe it's already been a year since you came to be a part of the family. We love you, miss you and can't wait to see you again.
Auntie Erica

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my cute and handsome little cousin.I cant wait to see you.I cant believe how big you've gotten.love you very much.

Cousin Thalia