Monday, May 17, 2010

The weekend with Emerson!


This past weekend, Gabe and Emily headed to a wedding in Lake Tahoe...and my guy and I had a blast staying with Emerson... keeping him from Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon...
He was actually just with his Papa for a while Saturday while I was at a People to People meeting.
Emerson is definitely cruising around...he will crawl every once in a while, but his preferred mode of travel is definitely to walk...
When I told him how proud I was of him, he just looked at me as if...well, I don't know how he looked at me, he just looked!
He loves Biscuit...and Biscuit is a saint for letting this sweet little man pet him SO HARD!
When Emerson walks, he usually has both arms/hands up like a goal post...I'm assuming for balance. However, he'll also carry around a ball in his hand... he still loves to play with balls!
He also discovered the alligator...he played with it for SO long...rolling it on the tile...making a loud noise as it rolled...clack, clack, clack...

He got the idea that you could pull it...only Emerson was pulling it while sitting instead of standing...

I don't know how many photos I took of the back of his head. Look at his hair! I love the little wave right in the center...
...my heart melts...what a sweet profile!
I tried to explain to him that it's easier to pull if you're standing...
He got a little irritated with me...so I didn't say anything else...well, anything about pulling the alligator!
This is Emerson's room...the little table that holds the monitor...the monitor so Gabe and Emily can hear him during the night... Emerson LOVES the monitor...he constantly goes in his room, picks it up, puts it or drops it on the floor, and then presses the button on top that lights up!
You're a cutie, Emerson!
Papa was absorbed in his newspaper while I was fiddling with the settings on my camera...
During lunch, Emerson decided to have a clapping session... He loves to clap and clapping is always accompanied by a big smile!




We didn't tell his Daddy that he was thinking about ballet...no siree...ballet is suppose to be great for balance, or so we heard!
Look at those blue eyes! I will admit, the photo is slightly doctored because it was a bit too light...originally!
On Sunday, I gave Emerson a banana....a cut-up banana...
He told me that his Papa had also given him a banana on Saturday while I was at my meeting...only Papa gave him the whole banana at one time!
"I didn't know what to do, Mimi," Emerson told me.
He told me how he reminded his Papa that he was only 1 year old...and he only had 8 teeth...and to eat a whole banana was a bit much for him...
"I tried to make him understand, Mimi, so Papa ended up eating the banana instead!"



Emerson got to open a gift...for his birthday... He wasn't too excited at first...so his sweet mama helped him get started on ripping the paper...and then...he saw the WHEEL! Oh boy!!!

It even has blocks...and Emerson loves to stack blocks!


He carried a few of them away...
but then he brought them back...

I sat him in the wagon...which is not really for riding...but for right now, he sort of fits!
"Go, Papa, Go!" he sang...
He was definitely enjoying himself...
"Yee-haw, Mimi!"
Papa pulled him around the house...
and when Papa stopped...Emerson stayed in...hoping for another stroll around the house...
Then it was back to stacking the blocks...
When it was about time to go, Mimi and Papa wanted a picture with their little Emerson...
We sure had fun with you!
He thought about that for a minute...

He told us he had fun too, but he was sure happy to see Mama and Dad-um!

Ohhhh, I love you, Emerson King!I know he loves us too, but he sure was happy to be in his Mama and Daddy's arms!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and Emerson is so big. He seems to have grown so much since the last blog and is still so pretty or should I say handsome? See you soon. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast with Emerson this weekend! You sure took a lot of pictures of him. Emerson looks just like his Mama! He is such a cutie! I want to kiss those cheeks.
Good pics Judy, love you!
Erica

Judy said...

Erica, Emily will be happy to read that you think Emerson looks like her! Most people say he looks just like Gabe...but I can see both!