Thursday, May 20, 2010

UJ and Aunt Beck visit Northern California

My baby brother and my sweet sister-in-law Becky...are visiting. In honor of my nephew, Addison, we took a hike...well, we actually drove, to the Co-op...
But first, my brother and Becky took a visit to the ocean...to a local state park...to a beach to look for agates...
I'm not sure if they found any...but they had a wonderful time hanging out at the Pacific...
watching the waves...listening to the surf...
My brother...my baby brother...aka...UJ...
"Hey Sir...would you take a picture of my wife and I? We're from Texas and our son is in South Korea and...."

He quickly took the picture...
and another...
Becky was wondering if she'd found an agate...

I love this picture of her!
Once you climb down the stairs...there's rocks to maneuver over to get to the beach...the stairs down to the beach are steep...and of course, what comes down...well, in this case, has to go back up...it's a quarter mile up the steps...that's a lot of steps...steep steps...
My baby brother had to stop and rest on the way up. Becky was calling, "COME ON JOHN!"
I think Becky might have been thinking about Thalia and looking for a banana slug...
On to a new spot...Wedding Rock...this was just for fun since they're already married...
"Hey Sir...would you take a picture of my wife and I...our son is in South Korea..."

You get the scene...he took the picture...

and another...
and another...
There's just not many places that are as beautiful as the Pacific coast of Northern California...unless you had UJ into the picture!
or Mrs. Becky...
Oh geez...please understand this was not really happening. Well, it was really happening, but it was a staged catastrophe... Becky said it made her hands sweat...
"DON'T FALL, JOHN!!!"
Back on more level ground, they continued on their trek...
This lighthouse, built in 1949, is beautiful...especially in this location looking over the bay...

It was after the beach trip that we took our hike to the Co-op...
My brother went in the co-op with a camera! Oh geez...my brother doesn't meet a stranger and he talks to anyone...he went up to this guy,

"Sir, would you take a picture of us? My son is teaching English in South Korea ... "

Actually, he was telling the truth. His son, my nephew, IS teaching in South Korea...and he did LOVE the Co-op...

"Mam, would you take a picture of us? My son is teaching English in South Korea ... "


My sweet sister-in-law about died.

"JOHN, don't do that! You're embarrassing us!"We ignored him and continued to look at all the items sold in bulk...

Becky wanted to buy me some wine since she had been drinking ALL my wine. (Note: approximately 1/8 cup has been consumed by Becky...well, that might be a slight exaggeration!)
Back at the house, my brother decided he had had enough of the Co-op...he was ready to go for a run...
Becky was chopping pecans for my Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, and Pecan Cookies...She's an expert pecan chopper!"Look here, Judy..."

My brother the photographer was hard at work...

It was a great day for UJ and Aunt Beck...and it's great for my guy and I to have them here...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Judy, thanks for the blog. We had a good time today at the ocean and meeting people at the Co-Op. I wish we had time to meet more employees at the Co-OP!

UJ

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like a lot of fun. Wish Samantha and I were there with all of you. Will be soon. Love you all, Mom

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see UJ and Aunt Becks...agian! We wanted to take you guys to our local store, TJs. It's like the Co-Op but yuppie instead of hippie! I think Dad actually likes TJs, not sure he really likes the Coop though :)Lindsey

Addison said...

Did you see any of the Honeys? What a wonderful store.

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I did not see Ron in those Co-Op pictures?! Looks like you all had a great time. We had a blast with you in Santa Rosa.

Gabe!

Anonymous said...

Addison, I believe I did spot a few of the Honneys! They definitley met your description.

Dad