Thursday, June 10, 2010

Inlaws and Outlaws.... and Happy Birthday to Donnie!

My guy and my sweet sister in law, Becky, termed themselves "Outlaws" ...hopefully as a joke. I'm not sure how it came about, but I think it's pretty witty...

Their common denominator? Becky's married to my brother...and, of course, my guy is married to me!

"Outlaws," I would guess, would be Inlaws that didn't get along??? That's not the case with us...and I'm SO thankful for that! Now that our own kids are grown and married... they have Inlaws... but then again, I now have a son-in-law...and two daughter-in-laws... that I absolutely adore!Donnie was our first and only son-in-law...Emily was our first daughter-in-law...Erica was our 2nd daughter-in-law...

I've always gotten along ... dearly loved... my inlaws. My guy always has gotten along so well with my side of the family - his inlaws... I never took these relationships for granted, but as my kids started getting married, I realized that they might just assume Inlaws always got along great and never became "Outlaws"... so I would talk to them... and tell them to nurture those relationships, to work at them... that they couldn't just take for granted that everyone would get along as great as my family and my guys family did...

So now our family is growing...which makes me think of all these things even more... plus, one of my in-laws, my only son-in-law, just had his birthday....on Tuesday...That's what made me think about writing this post...because I was thinking about Donnie...about how I knew the first time I met him that he was the kind of guy I'd love for Lindsey to marry, how he just fit in with our family from the very beginning, about how he loves my baby girl, about how thrilled he was when Lindsey was pregnant with their little man, about how he's just had his 2nd birthday as a father...a Daddy to our little man, Benjamin...how much we love having him in our family!So....Happy Birthday, Donnie!

from one of your inlaws...hopefully not an outlaw!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Judy, Great blog on the out-laws! I'm glad I am a In-law! Ha Ha!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Donnie! How does it feel to be 24????
I hope you had a blessed day!

Love ya,

UJ

Anonymous said...

Hello to all my fellow outlaws! This was a fun blog, Judy!

Donnie, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Love ya,

Becky

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Donnie. I remember the first time I saw you and I thought then as I do now, what a great guy. Thanks for being so nice to Samantha and me during the trip for Benjamins birthday. Hope you have many more birthdays. I don't know what I am. Maybe just law(ha). Love to all, Bonnie and Saddie

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day to my hubby-spend of 7 years! Linz

Anonymous said...

We are all outlaws to somebody. Its great to have such a warm and loving family, that is growing! I think Ron is the original outlaw and Saddie is the Sheriff!!

Happy birthday Donnie!

Gabe

Judy said...

Oh Gabe, you make me laugh! Saddie as the sheriff...! You know how your dad sings? I wonder, as an outlaw, if he ever sings (to himself), "I shot the sheriff!" ????