Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Signs of summer

It's another beautiful day here on the north coast. I'm going golfing…2 p.m. tee time! But first, I went outside to take some photos of flowers…and another sign of summer. Granted, summer here just means it's June, July, and August. There's not a lot of difference in the temperature.

Aren't these beautiful? They're in a pot on the patio…the patio where I like to sit and drink a cup of coffee… Red roses…we (I use the word "we" rather loosely…since my gardening is about nil) haven't had great luck with roses, but right now, there's probably at least half a dozen in bloom! Blueberries…this is a sure sign that July is close. We have a bunch of blueberry plants…usually we harvest 6-7 gallons. Aren't they pretty with all the different shades?
This is a new flower my guy planted this year. It's HUGE…and has just opened it's first bloom. It's some sort of a poppy, I think.
This is another kind of poppy, I think it's called an Icelandic poppy…another new one this year. I have a picture that belonged to Mimi of Icelandic poppies!

Last, but not least, is sun tea…brewing on the patio as I write…it'll be perfect to sip on when I get back from golfing!

Definitely the signs of summer are here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The flowers are beautiful and so are you. I hope you have a safe flight on your trip and I hope you stay well. I love you, Mom