Thursday, June 02, 2011

Hanging out after Benjamin's party

After the birthday party, which I'll post later, the boys were both absolutely exhausted.  They  both took a nap, and then...they were FULL of energy!  First, I have to say, that Benjamin, in his mind, didn't just turn two years old, but 22!  Every single time I would ask him how old he was, he would say, "I'm twenty two"...just as serious as he could be.  That's this first video.  
The boys discovered that the blow up bed was a great place for jumping and diving.  They were hilarious.  I started videoing...and I won't bore you readers of the JohnstonChronicles with all 20 of the videos - all 20 that look pretty similar - but I am including a few. 
  
Benjamin absolutely LOVES to 'drive Mimi's car'...actually, he likes to drive any car.  I think I've written before that he MUST have the door closed, because you certainly don't drive with the door open.  This time, he got Emerson in the car with him....in the passenger seat.  They were too cute!
Emerson saw the gate was open at one point, and promptly walked over to shut it. 
Benjamin was probably eating an apricot here...His sweet mama uses fruit to bribe him to use his potty chair!  It works!!!
Emerson was loving running around outside.  The boys decided to go for a walk to go see Oma and Opa, Benjamin's neighbors.  They grabbed each others' hands and off they went!





I brought the boys each a book.  This Mega Rescuers was for Benjamin...but they both loved it.  Emerson's is a story book on Cars...from the movie Cars...  I bet he had that book read to him 10 times!  He LOVES Lightning McQueen!  I loved...absolutely loved reading to both my little men!
This was taken Monday, May 30... my little man's 2nd birthday!  Well, like I said, if you ask him, he'll tell you he's 22, not 2!
Emerson didn't know what in the world to think about his cousin thinking he was so much older!  He reminded Benjamin that HE was the oldest...even if it is only by 17 days!
Benjamin wanted to get in another picture with "Mimi's green phone"... I'm not sure if he was taking a picture of himself..or me!

After a great weekend celebrating Benjamin's 2nd birthday, it was time to head home.  Gabe had left very early to go take care of a little work in his office, so we brought Emerson home.  He climbed in his carseat by himself when it was time to leave, saying bye-bye to his Uncle Donnie, Aunt Lindsey, and Benjamin...
Benjamin and his mama and daddy on his 2nd birthday!

What a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

Josh said...

Great blog Jutze, loved the videos.
Josh

Josh said...

Oops, wrong post. That was meant for little mans Bday blog