Monday, June 01, 2009

Benjamin

In 1 Samuel 1:27, Hannah said exactly what I do, "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him."



May 30, 2009...at 8:54 a.m.


Benjamin came into our world...At this point, Lindsey was dialated to 10 cm and was about ready to start pushing...Her wonderful husband, Donnie, and their unbelieveable doula, Lori, coached her along when the pushing began.



7 pushes and 2o minutes later, Benjamin was born...




His mama and daddy... along with his Mimi!... were in awe... in thanksgiving... for this little miracle."For You created my inmost being:


You knit me together in my mother's womb.


I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made:


your works are wonderful.


I know that full well.


My frame was not hidden from you


when I was made in the secret place.


When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,


Your eyes saw my unformed body.


- Psalm 139:13-16




Benjamin had a protective coating of vernix still covering a lot of his precious skin...





Benjamin's daddy was watching his new son when he was weighed and measured...










Benjamin knew his daddy's voice....and now he could put his little eyes on the face...






Lori was Lindsey and Donnie's doula...she was wonderful, she was beyond wonderful...









Meet the new family! Benjamin was saying, "YEAH! I'm here!"






Benjamin's Mimi was ... well, there's not a word to describe how I was feeling. Hannah said it so well, I'll say it again, "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him."


Many of you know how true this is... the doctors were against her even being pregnant, but she and Donnie knew that God had given them this child...and so we prayed, we have all prayed Lindsey and Benjamin - and, of course, Donnie, through this pregnancy.



The family in black and white...






Benjamin's daddy loves airplanes, and was quick to get him used to wearing a headset...

just kidding...


not on Donnie loving airplanes...


but this was actually Benjamin having his hearing test...

He's precious...


incredibly precious... My baby girl with her baby boy....





Benjamin, how loved you are!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lindz and Donnie!! What a beautiful miracle you were blessed with. I can't wait until we can come see you guys and the cousins can play. They will have to play "sleep" or "eat" or... Lets just say "Tag" is a ways out.

Love you!

Gabe and the Em's

Anonymous said...

Well, I now have two beautiful great grandsons. I am so blessed. Now if I can get to see them, hold them and maybe spoil them just a tad. Lindsey and Donnie, he is so beautiful. Love you three, Saddie

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little miracle! I am so glad that both mom and baby benjamin are doing better, sis

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Another beautiful baby boy! Love and miss you all.

Add & Kasi

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lindsey and Donnie! He is a beautifull baby. Do you think he looks like his Uncle John? Just Kidding! Lindsey and Donnie, we have been praying for you guys during this pregancy and God has blessed you with a beautiful baby.

We love you,

UJ and Aunt Becky

Judy said...

To Lindsey's sweet brothers... the X-rated shot has been removed! I thought it was so sweet that both of you noticed that and commented to me about it! Your sister is not as modest as she used to be... being in labor and in a maternity ward can do that to a mom!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
I'm so happy everything went well...I am tearing up...well you know how I told you I would pray all night for you if God kept me awake? I slept great that night, Thursday night, but was awake the entire night on Friday night the 29th...I prayed for your safety through all the watches as I waited for the morning...I love you and can't wait to see you three later in the summer sometime,
lindsey