Friday, June 05, 2009

More of Benjamin's first five days

I told Benjamin I was going to do another blog on him. He covered his eyes as if to tell me he was already tired of the camera.

"Sorry, little man! Your Mimi loves to take pictures of precious little boys! Just ask your cousin, Emerson," I told him.
At least he uncovered his eyes so I could take a photo of his entire adorable little face.I told him I seemed to have more photos of him with his eyes closed instead of open. He reminded me he was a premie... you know, born a bit early!
I told him I totally understood.
Thursday was his first pediatrician visit. He was excited, as you can tell!
I called him 'my little elf.'
Benjamin's Daddy got him ready to be examined.
When the doctor came in, he was a little sweetheart UNTIL she started to measure his head.
He didn't particularly like being measured either...but according to the doctor, he had gotten 1/2" taller! Now he's 19.5" tall... and he still weighed 5 lbs. 14 oz., the weight he was when he came home from the hospital. (He was 6 lb. 7 oz. when he was born.)
Benjamin asked if we'd just take him home.
His mama and daddy said OK.
Once we got home, Benjamin and his Mimi just hung out for awhile. I warned him the camera would probably come out since he was just so cute.He thought about it for a few minutes...I think he was a little worried that he wouldn't have time to play if I took too many pictures.
He sneezed a few times... (seriously, I caught his sneeze on camera!)
I decided it was time to pull out some of the toys. Benjamin told me his cousin, Emerson, informed him that if you looked in a mirror, you could see yourself.
I told him that was true, that his cousin Emerson was a smart guy. After we had played awhile, he wanted his sweet mama...
His sweet mama was only too happy to be wanted by her precious little guy. We all sat down at the table and ate dinner together. You can see how much he enjoyed his dinner. This blogging Mimi had to be careful with the camera angle so Benjamin's uncles wouldn't be distressed about .... well, they're a bit protective of their little sister.
Later, it was time for just some pictures of him sleeping...
Look at his little hands...Sweet dreams, little man...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jutze, I really enjoyed the G rated pictures this time. We can't wait to see Mr. Benjamin and his momma and dadda. Love you guys.
Josh, Erica and Thalia

Anonymous said...

Judy, great pictures of Benjamiin. I don't think he likes going to the doctor. He is a beautiful liitlle boy!

Love ya,

UJ

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Congrats!!! We can't wait to meet him.

Gabe & Co.