Saturday, June 20, 2009

Can you change a Dad's mind on Father's Day?

"Hey there Daddy!"
Emerson was trying to think what he could do for his daddy on Father's Day. He knows how much his daddy loves baseball...but his mama and his Godmother love it too. Only... they like different teams. He had learned his lesson about boxing from his cousin, Benjamin, so that was out.
Emerson was disgusted. He didn't know what to do...he hated to tell his daddy he didn't like the Giants...and he didn't want to tell his mama he didn't like the A's...
"Oh geez, what a mess I'm in," sweet little innocent Emerson thought.

"Hey Daddy. I have an idea for what we can do."
"Whaddyathink?"

"I don't want to watch the A's or the Giants...but I will watch some baseball."
"Comeondaddy!...."
"Ummm, let me think..."

"I've got a great idea...wanna hear it?"

"How about the Rangers?"
"Whaddayathink?"
"It'll make some people pretty excited!""How about it? I am part Texan, ya know?"

Happy Father's Day ... from Emerson

(and Mimi thanks her friend, Terri!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the TEXAS RANGERS outfit and blanket! He looks adorable and VERY UNBIASED!!!
Hugs, Laner

Anonymous said...

Makes his Texas family proud! Love you guys!!

Add & Kasi

Anonymous said...

Don't get any poop stains on it, it's my outfit too! Benjamin

Anonymous said...

Emerson, you are learning how to work your Daddy at a very early age. Keep it up and keep rooting for the Rangers.

Love ya,

Uncle John

Anonymous said...

We are proud of you baby Emerson. Never forget, the eyes of Texas are upon you! Love, Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

Emerson, I love your new output. Be sure amd tell Cousing Benjamin to root for the Rangers too.You're looking so handsome. Love you, Saddie