Monday, June 15, 2009

Cousins

Emerson and Benjamin are cousins... 17 days apart... and they met on Saturday. I think they enjoyed hanging out together... nursing together, sleeping together (although not at the same time), crying together (sometimes apart, sometimes together) pooping together. This blogging Mimi loved every minute of it, loved every wail from their mouth, loved it all.

Emerson came to visit Benjamin...

"Hi Mimi," he said when he saw me.

"Hi there Emerson, your Mimi has missed you," I told him as I showered him with kisses and squeezes. There's something about these little guys... I just want to hug them so much I could squeeze them!
Their mamas and daddys put them on the same changing table together to introduce them. Benjamin was trying to whisper to Emerson to beware of Mimi and her camera... I'm not sure if Emerson let him know the camera had been used on him first. After the cousins visited a bit on the changing table, they decided to be lifted on over to the Play and Pack. There was plenty of room for both of them.

"Come on in and lay down," Benjamin told his cousin.
Benjamin was loving it...having a grand ole time. "Hi Mimi! This is so much fun having my cousin, Emerson here to play!"

Emerson was trying to snap his fingers to get Benjamin's attention...
I told the boys how excited I was to have them both here...and to have them together!
I tried to explain to Emerson that not only was he older and wiser, but that he was quite a bit larger than his cousin. Emerson told me he weighed 10 lbs now! Benjamin said he was back up to 6 lb 7 oz ... I had to explain what a huge difference that was at this age.

It might have been a bit discouraging to Benjamin...
but Emerson was pretty proud of that fact!

Enough explaining, the boys just wanted to play.


Benjamin wasn't sure WHAT Emerson wanted to do...box? No, that weight difference wouldn't be fair!"MAMA...MIMI... tell Emerson to stop!"
I tried to tell Benjamin that I didn't think Emerson was trying to hit him. He just wanted to play. "Hey cuz, be careful with that fist, OK?"Well, Emerson didn't listen...he just kept swinging.



"Fine,"... Benjamin thought.Benjamin knew how to defend himself. Emerson was a little surprised.Then just to show that size doesn't matter, Benjamin decided to show Emerson another thing...to show him that big things come in small packages... that little dogs can have big bites... or maybe it was just to show Emerson how much he loved him...We all about died laughing over this one!After awhile, we put on matching outfits. Emily brought these down. Benjamin just barely fit into the premie size and Emerson was in a 0-3 months.


They were singing and having a grand ole time...

.I think Benjamin was surprised at how well Emerson could sing... or maybe he was off-key?


I'm not sure what transpired here, but I think my little Emerson got his feelings hurt. I told Benjamin to be nice...he just shut his eyes and didn't say a word.I told my adorable grandsons that I wanted to have a picture with both of them. Emerson said OK, but Benjamin just ignored me. Emerson was trying to tell me something... can't remember what... but he was a bit frustrated since I couldn't understand what he was saying.He just looked at me... with those adorable eyes... those eyes that melt my heart...Benjamin just decided to go to sleep... this little man just melts my heart too!I love these two little guys... my two grandsons...

I think the best word to describe it would be "bliss!"Yep, this Mimi is blissfully happy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those two adorable boys. Emerson has grown so much since the last pictures and I love the matching suits. Hope I get some pictures soon, okay? Love you all, Saddie

Anonymous said...

Judy, Blessed seems to small of a word. They are both just beautiful! God has been so good to us all. I love the picture of you and both the babies. You are a natural. I love you, Becky

Judy said...

Becky, you are absolutely correct. Donnie and I both tear up in a heartbeat just thinking about the blessedness of what has happened. Yesterday, I went with Linz, Donnie, and Benjamin to church. The pastor asked, "What does HOPE look like to you?" I looked at Benjamin...thought of Emerson... and I knew one thing HOPE looked like to me! A hope fulfulled!