Thursday, November 19, 2009

4 more added to the group

About 1 p.m., my nephew, Addison, and mom flew in for the week. Unfortunately, I was at work, so Joshua and my guy picked them up at the airport.
Addison, while he is my brother and Becky's son, actually fits better with my family here in California. I've been so looking forward to them arriving!

After I came home, it started to cool down a bit outside. Addison sprinted in to get his jacket...but still thought it felt great outside. Cool and crisp...not his words, but my description.

Around 5:15 p.m., my sweet daughter-in-law, Erica, and Thalia came rolling in...after driving 15 hours...all the way from the San Diego area. I was so excited to see them drive in!
Mom, aka Saddie, was inside where it was a bit cozier, working her crossword puzzle.
After our dinner of red beans, rice, cabbage, cornbread...and red wine - Gnarlyhead, for Addison and I - we 'retired' to the family room for a little Wii action.

Saddie was full of advice.
Here we're playing Mario Cart...
Look at Erica! She doesn't look like she has driven 15 hours today.

Thalia is a master at the Wii...
I'd never even seen a Wii before Joshua came. It's pretty amazing. Here, Thalia is taking on the guys playing tennis. Addison is getting ready to swing.
Contemplating their next move...
Oops, this is actually out of sequence. This is the screen on the TV from Mario Cart...which as you can see, 4 people were playing at a time.

So now here we are: My guy and I, Joshua, Erica, Thalia, Mom, and Addison...

Our group is growing...

Oh boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like everyone is having a great time! Wish aunt Becky and I were there.

Everyone knows If UJ was there, everyone else would be going down in the WII tournament.

Love ya,

UJ & AB