Sunday, November 08, 2009

Emerson's first taste of cereal

It was a day of 'firsts' for Emerson...
It was his first day to sit in his high chair... He was a little unsure of what was going on...Prince Charming... that's my boy!His sweet mama got him all situated...Earth's Best...Whole Grain...Rice Cereal... gourmet baby food! Emily put a lot of love into preparing her boy's first meal...Emerson was probably wondering what this was in his mouth..."Open up, Eme!"I think at this point, he decided he wanted to do it himself.

"I'll take that spoon, Mama!"I'm sure Emerson thought at first that this new thing in his mouth was just something hard to chew on (the spoon)... but wait, what's this gooey stuff?"Um??? Not bad..."He licked the spoon clean...Was he enjoying this Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice cereal???
I think this was a sure sign he wanted more...
"Hey, even the other end of the spoon tastes great!"
"Yummers!"
I'm not sure my little Emerson was happy with the camera in his face as he was eating.

"Daddy, not now!"
When his mama offered him some more, he forgot about his daddy with the camera...
Oh, a happy little guy...with a full belly...
proud of the fact that he just took a step out of the infant world...into the 'big boy' world of food!

He told his mama he wanted mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, pumpkin pie and a turkey smoothie for Thanksgiving.

Emerson, all 20 lbs. and 26" of him, will be 6 months old Friday...

Oh boy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics Gabe and great commentary Judy Len!!!!! He looks so happy!!!!
Laner

Anonymous said...

Those are great pics grute! I'm sure much of his excitement is knowing he's going to get to see his Uncle in a couple of weeks. I know I'm excited.
UJosh

Anonymous said...

I was also going to comment on the great pictures! I'll have to see what kind of camera you guys have cause I'm not happy with mine. Linz

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are precious. I'm so jealous that I don't get to come up there for Thanksgiving. I miss all of you guys & I love you all so much. Hopefully I'll get to see all of you soon!
I love youu.

-Sami

Anonymous said...

Its official, Emerson likes food!! I don't think anybody was worried that he wouldn't be an eater.

Emily tried the rice flake cereal and it doesn't sound very appealing. I am waiting for the Pureed Ribeye!

Gabe

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures. Gabe, it does not surprise me that he likes food. He takes after his Dad. Emily, he is a beautiful big boy!

Love ya,

UJ

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great. I had one of the best laughs I've had in a long time and I love his hair. His hair looks like his Mimi's hair looked when she was that age. See all of you next week. Love Saddie

Anonymous said...

He looks just like his daddy. I love you all. Aunt Becky