Monday, October 18, 2010

Thalia is ELEVEN!!!

My little doll...my sweet granddaughter, Thalia, is 11 years old today...ELEVEN!

She still has the same sweet smile...
I remember all this like it was yesterday. We wore glasses...goggle type glasses in the M & M factory so we could see the show in 3D.
What a special day this was! How precious she was...sobbing because she was so happy...
Eating lunch with her Saddie, her great-grandma!
Thalia has always loved 'nature'...going into the woods...looking for banana slugs...just enjoying he outdoors...
She learned at an early age that her Mimi loved to take pictures...
and animals...oh my! Does this girl love animals! She loved Eskie, and Eskie loved ...well, never mind. I think Eskie loved her!

Ozzie...now this is THE animal she loved more than anything. When Thalia was small, she would cry if Pete wasn't home so she could see Ozzie...if Pete WAS home and we tried to tell her we'd go see Ozzie later, well, she would just be so sad...
Now how many grandmother's get to go shoot guns with their granddaughters (and daughters and daughter-in-laws!)? Not many, I'm sure.
She used to love to ride her moto...she laughed at me because I went so slow...I told her I was scared to go fast...and she would just laugh at me....but in a sweet way!
Fast forward six years...and here she is at the zoo. I wish I could find the picture I took of her standing in this exact spot six years ago!
Oh my, she's growing up...
She loves her cousins...
Now she has parties with boys and girls!
11 years old...
It's hard to believe she's not a little girl any more...
Happy Birthday, Thalia!

Your Mimi and Papa sure do love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ruggy. I love you.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Thalia. I enjoyed talking with you and hope you have many more great birthdays. I love you, Saddie

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Thalia! Looks like you had quite a party! Best wishes on your birthday!

Gabe, Emily and cousin Eme

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Thalia! We hope you had a great day.
We love you!

Aunt Becky and Uncle John

Anonymous said...

I love you honey. I am so proud of you. You'll always be my little girl even though you are not so little anymore. God bless you!
Your mommy

Anonymous said...

We love you! Happy Birthday and we can't wait to see you! Linz, Donnie, and Benjamin

Anonymous said...

awwwww i love you guys so much. i did have an awsome birthday. thank you guys. Thalia.