Sunday, October 31, 2010

This week

I skyped with Joshua...and saw Thalia dressed to hand out Halloween candy...
and saw the new sink Joshua installed... uh, Josh? Isn't something missing?
He showed me the new mirror! (Isn't SKYPE wonderful?)
I wanted to say Hi to Erica, but as you can see, she was conked out on the couch...
My baby boy...finally got his webcam to work!
I also SKYPED with Lindsey, Donnie, and Benjamin...who were eating dinner while we were talking...
Benjamin was talking to me through SKYPE...which created a blurry mouth when I tried to stop the action with the webcam camera!
I had lunch with one of my students, Haley. We had had a fund-raiser and her mom was the highest bidder for "lunch with a teacher." It was so much fun...I brought peanut butter/jelly sandwiches, cheese/crackers, grapes, cupcakes, chips, and her mom bought some Halloween cookies. We also had flowers on our table...and placemats...it was wonderful!
I got to see Emerson hanging out with his mama...I'm sure he climbed up on that chair by himself! How cute is this?
Gabe also sent me this picture of Emerson conked out at Toys R Us!
I changed classrooms...after being in Room 8 for 18 years, I chose to move...now I'm on the opposite side of the hall...in what used to be Room 9...all the rooms in the school have been renumbered. I love looking out at a field instead of the side of another building. But what a monumental project to move after being there for so long!
This is my guy...who came to my classroom to read to my students...
When he told me he was coming, I asked him what he was going to read.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean? You don't know???"

"No. The books in my truck. You want me to go get it?"

I think he doesn't understand that you kind of need to be prepared to teach 34 students!
He did a great job... the students loved him coming...loved him reading to them...
He told them a little about working in the woods...about keeping a bear count each year...
Yep, it was a good week...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jutze, loved the blog. I'm glad to see you noticed I was missing a bar of soap from the sink. It's a work in progress. Pops, that's a good looking shirt. I'm sure it took someone with an excellent sense of fashion to pick that out. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

What a cute little puppy Thalia was! Linz

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how much happens in a week around the Johnston Chronicles, what a great blog!

GR