Wednesday, October 06, 2010

"They're in Emerson's room playing."

Saturday, a week ago, I had been in interviews all day. While I was gone, Lindsey, Donnie, and Benjamin had come to Gabe & Emily's...

When I came back, the house was quiet...the men were outside working...Emily and Lindsey were in the kitchen...

"Where's my boys?" I asked.

"They're in Emerson's room playing," Emily told me.

I raced back...and sure enough...there were my two little men...in only their diapers...with strawberry juice all over their bellies... They looked so precious! That's the top photo...
Benjamin looked at me...pointed and smiled, "Mimi!!" he said. I oohed and ahhed...and Emerson just looked at me..at Benjamin...at me...and then said, "MIMI!" Oh my gosh...I sat down in the floor to play...and up in my lap they came..

Hugs and kisses...

I tried....actually we tried all weekend...to get a photo with both the boys at the same time...we weren't very successful...
I absolutely love this photo of Emerson and I...

After the boys had played a good while, we went in to check on the ladies. Emily was hard at work on an absolutely delicious dinner... Emerson decided to rock awhile...This is the rocking chair we had made for Gabe when he was a little guy...
Betty Crocker...I mean, Emily!
While dinner was cooking, and it started cooling off outside, Lindsey decided to show me Benjamin's halloween outfit...which is a regular soccer uniform... oh geez, it's adorable!

Donnie decided to take his little man and his little nephew for a ride on the riding lawnmower. They didn't seem overly impressed or excited...
They were more interested in buttons and wheels...
Off the tractor and running around the yard...
"Hey Emerson, what do ya wanna play?" asked Benjamin.
"Emerson...what do ya want to do?"
Benjamin started to go where his cousin was...
Emerson had taken off...

His Papa's nickname in high school was 'Lightening"...I think Emerson is following in his footsteps...

Emerson came back a little and Benjamin went to meet him...

and off they went...
exploring...
After their explorations, here was Benjamin, making his way back to the ranch...
...uh, wait a minute...didn't I say Emerson was following in Lightening's (aka Papa) footsteps? This is Emerson's speed...fast...
Ok, they were back together again...checking everything out...

We came in when it was time for dinner...which as I said, was absolutely delicious...we all thought so!

The boys got SO messy as they were eating, that we just immediately stripped them down and plopped them in the tub...which made them happy!
We decided to do a little mohawk styling...on Emerson...
and on Benjamin...
They thought the whole experience was fun...
Out of the tub and into their jammies...and back into Emerson's room they went...


This cracks me up! Emerson just loves to put his blanket over his head!
Donnie started assisting the boys with their dunking of the ball...

They did so well, Emerson transferred his talent to the smaller hoop, the hoop that's more of a 16-17 month old size...

Emerson's mama was so proud of her little man...
The cousins talked over their strategy...
Emerson's daddy grabbed up his little man to give him a hug...
Then their papa decided to try and get a photo with his grandsons...

Yeah, right...
One would get still...then the other one would start wiggling...and vice versa...
Finally Papa put his boys down and off went Emerson, full speed ahead...
His mama thought she should dress him appropriately since a 49ers game was coming on...
Thinking of his Texas roots, Emerson wanted NO PART of this shirt...
He tried...
and I guess he just finally gave up...
"Now Eme, you leave this shirt on. You've got to wear it for the game!" his mama explained.
I grabbed him for a quick hug and a picture before I left for another meeting....
I thought for sure I'd be able to get one with both of them...

yeah right...


Ok, that's about as good as it gets!
The boys were happy to be hanging out together...
playing with toys...

dunking the basketball...
going for walks...
riding the riding lawnmower...
Yep, it was fun. Benjamin had to leave...to go to a birthday party...and I had to leave for a meeting....

See ya later, Benjamin!

After my meeting, I came back to get Papa...Emerson was happy to see me...and I was doubly happy to see him.

"Mimi, let's walk!" he said.
I sat him on this tricycle someone gave them...but he wanted no part of it...yet!

"Um? Where should we go?" he thought...
Off he went...
"Mimi! Come on!!!" he yelled...
and I did...

Following my little men...I absolutely love it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish we could have been there. Love seeing the boys in action. Great blog mom, thank you.
Uncle Josh

Anonymous said...

It was a lot of fun! Next weekend should be fun as well! We'll get the boys together on the trampoline. Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Judy, these are great pictures of the boys. Wish we lived closer. Wait a minute, we are only 24 hours vs. 40.

UJ

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie, the pictures are great and so is the blog. I'm really enjoying it. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend that was.. and this weekend too at Benjamin's dedication. It is great to have all these pictures of the boys growing up together... we'll be looking forward to Benjamin's Dedication blog.

Cheers to the Johnston Chronicles!