Saturday, May 26, 2012

Once upon a time...

...when I was 14 years old, my friend, Sharon, said to me, "Let's go watch Kim (her boyfriend) practice football."  I told her I would...and then she told me there was someone she wanted me to meet.  His name was Ron and he was Kim's best friend.

 She showed me some pictures of him...with his 18+" neck from playing football... and his long blond hair...

We went to the school.  Parked behind the football field.  Watched them practice.

Up walks Kim and Ron ... over to where we were... we talked awhile...then decided to go to the Dairy Queen. On the way to the DQ, I told Sharon I was going to marry him...someday! 

I don't remember what all we talked about...but what I do remember is that Ron called me the next day...asked if I wanted to go out.  "Yes..."   We went to a movie, 'Joe', and to eat pizza...

and we started dating....
Today, we've been married 35 years...that's after dating for what seemed like an eternity.  There were lots of ups, downs, ups, downs.... he's my best friend.  I love that he has known all of my family..he knew my dad, he knew Mimi, he knew Aunt Jane and Uncle Charlie...he knows my history.  I know his.  How special is that?



We've lived in Texas, Mississippi, Florida, Oregon, and now California...



We now have 4 grandchildren from our 3 children... our families have grown...lots of nieces and nephews and inlaws and outlaws :)

and it all started when I was 14 years old and he was 15.

Happy Anniversary to my guy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! I love you guys.

Josh

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Love,

Gabe

Anonymous said...

Since I couldn't view the blog on your anniversary, I'll wish you a Happy 35th. now. Love the pictures. Brought back a lot of good memories. Love to you both, Bonnie and Mother