Monday, February 19, 2018

My baby girl is 37 years old!

My baby is actually not a Texan.  
She was born a California girl!
...February 19, 1981...
37 years old today
March 26, 1983
We were living in Oregon...but here we were in Texas for my brother (the infamous UJ the 1st) and Becky's wedding.  
 Lindsey was a little over 2 years old...
and just as precious as always!
She was kissing her Saddie...
 Nestled in the arms of her Mimi...
 Playing with her Grammy...
 Along with getting into Grammy's make-up!
 Saddie was at our home in Weaverville in April...
Saddie's birthday month!
 In June, 1983, we visited the northern coast and went clamming at the beach with Ron's boss.
 July, 1983..
my 3 babies!
Lindsey's brothers definitely looked out for their little sister.
 August, 1983
I remember taking this picture as if it was yesterday!
I had made this Strawberry Shortcake shirt for her.
Lindsey LOVED Strawberry Shortcake...not the dessert, but the doll.
 We used to go camping at Trinity Lake...
Lindsey and her brother absolutely loved this.



 December, 1983
We traveled, as we usually did, to Texas.
Fortunately, both sets of Lindsey's grandparents lived within 45 minutes of each other.
Christmas Eve was spent with Ron's family,
Christmas morning with my family.
I always told our kids as they were marrying, that the relationship Ron and I had with each other's families was not something to be expected...to be taken for granted.
My family loved his...and his family loved mine.
It was and still is, the best of the best.
 Lindsey with her sweet Aunt Becky.
 Fast Forward to 1992...
Lindsey's absolute best friend was Amy...
Here, we had gone to Mt. Shasta for a ski trip.

 February 19, 1992
Lindsey's 11th birthday...
kisses from her brother, Gabe!
 March, 1992
 July, 1992
We were in San Antonio, Texas for my cousin, Ray's, wedding.
Mom, Lindsey, and I visited the Alamo...
Joshua was with us...and I have no idea why he wasn't here at the Alamo???
Why Gabe wasn't on this trip, I can't remember...possibly because of sports?

 This was on the grounds of the Alamo.
 This was Ray's rehearsal dinner...
that's Addison behind Joshua...
 Lindsey must have stayed in Texas when we came back to California.
This was in August, 1992.
Lindsey with her cousin, Lissette, in California at Mission San Juan Capistrano.
 Obviously, they went to the San Diego Zoo...
and with their 2nd cousin, Marianne, they went to Medieval Times!
With Aunt Audrey (Marianne's mom) at Mission San Juan Capistrano...
more of Lissette and Lindsey at Medieval Times....

and more from Mission San Juan Capistrano...
(I obviously don't have these grouped together correctly!)

Lissette and Lindsey with their Grammy at the Mission.
There was a big picnic at the beach in southern California...
Lindsey and Lissette...they had a summer of traveling together with their grandparents!
February 15, 1993
Lindsey and Amy back at Mt. Shasta.
November, 1993
Lindsey always loved the American Girl dolls and the stories behind them.

She also loved our dogs...
here she is with Sport!

Saddie came to visit...
along with Aunt Jane and Uncle Charlie...
It looks like Uncle Charlie is putting a bed together for Lindsey's American Girl doll.
This is perfect.  Saddie has always been into polishing shoes...
and obviously, she was attempting to instill in Lindsey the art of shoe shining.
It may have worked then, but I don't think Lindsey has any interest in polishing Donnie's shoes now!
February, 1994
October, 1994
Lindsey and her brothers!
Lindsey was 13, Gabe 16 and Joshua was 18.

Fast forward...December, 1994

Lindsey's 8th grade year, she won the scholar athlete at her middle school!


Lindsey always loved soccer...
in high school, she played for the school team...

These pictures...I didn't have a date on the back...but I think it would be about 1994...
We went to a Texas Ranger's game.  The above photo is Lindsey with Sami...
and below is Lindsey with her UJ.

I remember this project...I remember Lindsey and her dad talking about it...
but was it middle or high school?
Another date I don't have.
Lindsey and I went to the Grand Canyon.
We were coming home, I think, from her being in Texas.


We stopped in Williams, AZ and rode an old fashioned train to the Grand Canyon...
Lindsey and her best friend, Amy...
Lindsey and Gabe...
Looks like Shasta was just a little puppy...
Shasta and Sport...

This is mainly 3 years of your 37 years, Lindsey!
You have always been our precious, precious baby girl!
I love you so much!

Happy 37th birthday!

1 comment:

Donnie said...

Thanks Mom! I love the pictures and all the memories :) The soccer pictures are from when I was in 8th grade on the traveling team.