Tuesday, March 20, 2018

William's 6th Birthday party

William LOVED his birthday party!
He set the timer that morning, counting down until 'his birthday started',
 It was a Poke'mon theme.
This is like a ball that's important in the Poke'mon world...

 Notice the streamers?  William drew me a diagram of how he wanted them!
I followed them exactly!
 William had already helped decorate by putting up a lot of Poke'mon pictures he had colored.

 ...and just in case you weren't sure who the party was for...
I was totally impressed with how he wrote his name in block letters!

 I just love these parties!
Their backyard is perfect...
with the trampolline...
 and the play equipment...
 All the moms, dads, Mimis, and Papas stand/sit around and visit...
 and eat...
 an drink...

 Donnie always barbeques...
 These parties are another time for me to see Lindsey and Donnie's friends...(and their children) and watch the kids growing up.





















This is William's friend, Tabitha.
Their energy level rapidly rises when they're together!



 Lindsey had made mini-cupcakes and regular size cupcakes.
She asked the kids which ones they wanted...duh... I don't think a single one asked for a mini!
Not sure if any adults asked for a mini-either.
I did...but I ate 3 of them!
Aria was raising her hand for a large cupcake!









 Someone was totally enjoying his cupcake!






 I started gathering the kids together on the trampoline for a group picture...



 THIS is the one!
I'm not sure how many had already left before I thought about taking this...
but hopefully, not many!




 






 


 I can't remember what they were doing here, but these pictures just make me smile!




 uh-oh...was Nicholas hurt?
His sister Aria is comforting him...I think!
 I love how the birthday kids don't open their gifts while everyone is there.
At first, I wasn't too sure how I felt about it.
As the years have gone by, I really like it.
Lindsey always says, no gifts...
but some do...which I'm glad for.  Every little person loves to open a present.
But I also love how they don't get so many.
 One thing I love to do for the grandkids on their birthday is make them what Emerson calls, the birthday book.  

 This one for William is called, "The Year You Were 5"...
 It's full of the pictures I took when I was with him from his last birthday to February of this year.

 He so loves legos...takes after Benjamin.
He had given me a list a long time ago with the numbers of the lego sets he wanted...
then he numbered them in the order of how much he wanted them.
 This was #1
 I LOVE this!  I'm not sure if Linz asked...or if William asked...but as a 'gift', he got a lot of boxes of cereal that he's giving to a homeless shelter or to families that need food.

Another great birthday party for an absolutely wonderful 
6 year old!

Happy birthday, William!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such sweet pictures! Thanks Mom!