Monday, May 13, 2019

Happy 10th Birthday, Emerson King!

May 12, 2018, we went to In n Out to celebrate your birthday a day early.
You know I LOVE to do this with you!
 May 13, 2018...you turned 9 years old!
I was so happy to be able to be with you.
 May 13 was also Mother's Day...so your mom wanted to go to Vacaville to be with her mom!
After some pictures, you took off to Vacaville and I took off for home.
 The beginning of July, we all met at the condo.  Some work needed to be done, so your dad, Papa, and Uncle Donnie worked - your mom did, too - and we went to the pool!

 You seem like you love to be in the pool!  


 At the end of July, we came to see you.  Playing basketball in the cul de sac was fun!


 Aunt Lindsey and family also came up.  I think the guys were doing more work on the condo.  But that evening, we played in the backyard.  You boys were having fun twisting each other around on the swing.
 We were back down in September.
We love watching you play baseball!


I also love it that your dad is one of the coaches.  I know he loves it, too!
 Walt's 3rd birthday party was also in September.
Someone...someone...was trying to not let his Mimi get a photo.
 It became a game...
 GOTCHA!

 GOTCHA again!
 You came to see us in October!  We were so excited for you to come.
James had a baseball game, so you were prepared in case you wanted to play.

 Uh-oh...here we go again!
Try to get a picture of Emerson King!


 I think I zoomed in the camera to get this one!
 Back at home, you were being a ham...

 Papa and I had gone through our attic and found lots of trophies of your dad's.  You and Walt were excited to take them.  We also found some of his old baseball cards which you also were happy to have!  That rocking chair was made for your dad when he was about 3 years old by Elmer, a neighbor we had in Weaverville.
 Before you left, we took lots of pictures in front of our home.
 I hope you keep lots of great memories from here.
 I have years and years of special memories...of you as a baby sitting on my kitchen table with Benjamin...of you in the swing while we tried to eat dinner...of you building enormous train tracks around the house...of you sleeping between Papa and I when you were so little...
 of playing ball in the backyard...of walking to the park...riding your 'bike' to the park and playing...of making pizzas together...of running your little cars and monster trucks along the bottom edge of the railing upstairs...of you falling down the stairs when you were probably 1 1/2 years old...
Of Mimi camp...which we thought, which I hoped would be an annual event.  Baseball took over and your life became busier...but I have memories mostly of just you being there...my grandson coming to see his Mimi and Papa.







 I came to see you in March.  Boy was I excited to see you!!! 
You had some homework to complete...
 This is probably your favorite thing on the planet!
Playing video games...
 This is another thing you love to do...
baseball!
I was glad I got to see you practice.  
 Playing catch with your dad...I wonder who loves to see this the most?
I think it's your Mimi!






 Since you're in 4th grade, California Missions are a big topic in school.
You had already been working on your mission (Sonoma Mission), but I got to help you finish it.  
As I took some pictures of you with it, you made sure to get Gigi in the picture!
Oh Emerson King...10 years old!  
It's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that you're growing up so fast.
I love you..so so much!

I'm looking forward to seeing you on the day you turn 10 years old!
I love you!
Mimi

No comments: