Tuesday, October 16, 2007

October 16th - A day I always remember

"Hi Mom!"

"Well hi there, honey, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing great...Happy Anniversary!"

"Oh, I knew you'd call today. You always remember."

And I do. My dad died in 1980, but I always remember their anniversary. I wouldn't be writing this blog if it wasn't for their anniversary...or what came after that day!

Last year, I posted some photos of their wedding day and, if I remember right, of them when they were dating. This year, I decided to post some post-wedding photos.


On the back of this photo, Mom had written that I was 1 1/2 months old. If I remember right, Mom and Dad were married nearly 5 years before they had me...and I was the first. This picture would have been taken in September, 1954. Mom would be 27 and Dad, 32 years old. I think that's right! I've always loved this picture. This is Andy, one of our St. Bernards. His real name was Cardinal Musial of Manitou, after Stan Musial and the St. Louis Cardinals, one of my dad's heroes. In this photo, Andy is two years old and about 180 pounds! He reached up to my Dad's waist...and my Dad was 6'2" - I think.

So here's to a Happy Anniversary, Mom. I think John David and I should be the ones to celebrate this anniversary, after all, we wouldn't be here without it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, thank you for this blog. It is so true. You never forget and that means so much to me. I love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sadie, I just wanted to tell you what a great daughter you have (as if you didn't know!)She has just spent the evening with us, helping her Buddy Bob to set up his own blog. Ever since the days of our AFBC home fellowship when we learned that Judy was born a week before our Shellie we have thought of her as a surrogate daughter, and we would be proud and delighted if Shellie had lived beyond her 3 years to become as special a woman as your Judy. So, thanks to you and happy memories on your anniversary, Helen, "first wife" of Buddy Bob

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Saddie. I love to see those old pictures... what a babe!

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Buddy Bob for your comments and wishes. I think Judy is pretty special. I hope you have fun with your blog. Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Thanks Buddy Bob for your comments and wishes. I think Judy is pretty special. I hope you have fun with your blog. Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Hey Gabe, It makes me feel so good for a handsome young man call me a babe. see you in about 4 weeks. What fun we're going to have. Love you, Saddie

Anonymous said...

Judy, great job! Mother you are a BABE!!!!!

Love ya,

Your favorite brother