Sunday, August 24, 2008

This is not exactly what my guy had in mind for the weekend


The meter reader opened our meter....

He then left us a note saying our 'consumption' had more than doubled since last month.

Um? We haven't been watering????? My guy knew that could only mean one thing...

A leak...
can you see that water down there?What a mess for my guy...digging it all out, and then to the hardware store and back - several times for parts.Just in case I couldn't see 'the problem', my guy pointed it out to me.This fuschia bush has absolutely nothing to do with the leak. But I thought I'd throw something in pretty amidst (ooh, "amidst", how do you like that word? Sounds rather...sophisticated...do you think?) ... amidst all the mud.

Like a good neighbor... Pete (and Ozzy) came to help out. I think he helped Ron 'bleed' the pipes? Does that sound correct?

Here's our hydrangea bush... minus any blooms. It's a late bloomer...but isn't it huge? My guy cuts it ALL the way back every year, and then every summer, it just grows like crazy!
Ahhh... here you can see the fuschia all nestled in there.

Good thing my guy fixed the water so we could water those bushes...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pops, is that the same leak we were investigating before? Guess you were right on that one.
Josh

Anonymous said...

Nice work! Landscaping is looking good!!

Gabe

Anonymous said...

Ouch, that is no fun! That hydranga is HUGE! I hope mine doesnt get that big!