Saturday, August 30, 2008

Oh boy, a 3-day weekend

The first week of school has come and gone...a 3 day weekend is here!

First I have to say, my class consists of 32 sweethearts! Like Max... Max is a dream...he has an all-boy personality and there's something about him I just adore. I could say this about so many of my students, but I had this photo of Max so I decided to talk about him!

But now it's time to rest for three days. Our neighbor, we call him "The Farmer", is having an estate sale. His wife's mother died so they are selling a lot of her stuff. Look what I bought for $5.I was excited to find this! It's going to go in Lindsey's room - as soon as I repaint it and had a new handle. But I love the look of it...just what I was looking for! (Actually, I haven't been looking at all, but I was planning on looking.)Here's where the nightstand will go. I also want to change the bedspread and hang some pictures, but I don't know which pictures! More decisions.

This new nightstand now leaves me with some decisions... what color to paint it...do I give it a distressed look... what kind of lamp should I get for it? Oh well, at least I have accomplished the first step in just getting the thing!

Another plan for this 3-day weekend is hanging pictures. It seems that once the house was finished, life went into a whirlwind - a fun whirlwind - and all activity on the house ceased. I have some areas I just can't decide what I want to do with. For example:This is the corner you first see when you walk in the front door and turn left into the new room. You can see a mirror and a painting, but I need ... well, a piece of furniture or something. I found a curio cabinet at a local store... um? Maybe I should go shopping on this 3-day weekend.This was Mimi's corner shelf... I have always loved it. I need to get my guy to hang it in this corner this weekend.This is the upstairs hallway. You can see I at least have the pictures I want my guy to hang leaning against the wall. I'll have to vacuum away the indentions in the carpet after they're hung since they've been sitting there for so long.

Let's see, what else do I want to do? Work-out (Ron's already left for the gym and I'm suppose to join him, except my work-out pants are in the dryer - good excuse for continuing to blog!), paint - I have 2 paintings I'm working on, and one I think I could about finish in the weekend - make a blueberry pie, or something with all the fresh blueberries that I also need to pick! Have my buddy Bob and his first wife, Helen, over for dinner and to see the house, have Marvin over, deadhead the flowers, read, watch the rest of Season 1 of Lost, ...

Maybe I should prioritize?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you the one who has my LOST Season I? I almost forgot that it was loaned out until I went to look for it!
Laner

Judy said...

That would be me!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you caught my bug! I'm sure everything will look good, that stand would look really nice distressed. Isn't it funny we "distress" our furniture!