Saturday, September 02, 2017

August 17 with Precious Sullivan

August 17th, the day Sullivan got to come home!
We weren't sure it would happen...so the boys and I spent the day at the hospital...
Ron and Baxter had left early that morning to head north.

Sullivan's heart equalized...everything working as it should.  That was what the doctors were watching for.  He was in the NICU for the day...and we were all there with him.
 
 
 
The boys and I took off from the hospital about 4 p.m. and headed to The Counter....we were all wanting a hamburger!  That's where we got the message they'd be coming home.
We were all super excited!
 
William was the caretaker of Sullivan's stuffed bear that had been given to him in the NICU.
 
 
I just love this picture!
 Benjamin just loves babies...and now he has a baby brother of his own!
I remember when Walt was born, Benjamin was just so adoring, wanting to hold him, to hug him.






One day when William and I were leaving the hospital, he was talking about Sullivan's bear...and how he thought he'd be able to play with it when Sullivan came home since he'd be too little to play with it.  Well, we stopped to buy a coffee and use the restroom, and we parked right in front of a great little toy store.  Well, my special little 5 year old (aka William) wanted to go in.  That's where he spotted "Panchum", the name he gave the panda bear.  I don't think he's let go of it since.  By the time I left, Panchum wasn't quite as white! But oh my, is he loved!  William wanted to introduce Panchum and Sullivan to each other.




Up until this point, I had not been able to hold my youngest grandson...
Hi there precious little man!
This is your Mimi.

Oh that sweet baby smell...
that sweet, soft skin...


Benjamin and I sat and loved on him together...

William (and Panchum) came and joined us.
I'm so glad Linz took this picture of me with her 3 sons!

Sweet little Sullivan...
You will be surrounded with so much love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such sweet pictures!
Love the blog!
Lindsey