Sunday, October 08, 2017

William's soccer game

One of the issues that can come up with multiple children is both of them having games at the same time but in different locations.  Well, this happened Saturday.
I've seen Benjamin in quite a few baseball games, so I took William to his soccer game
and Lindsey and Donnie went with Benjamin to his baseball game.  William actually is on the same baseball team, but if he had to choose between the two, soccer would be the choice.
What you can't see here is William's injury.


See #3 back there running?
Well that's William with his injury.
You can't tell, right?
About 5 minutes before Lindsey and Donnie were leaving to take Benjamin to his game, William was running outside and fell and hit his knee on the edge of a brick.
He got a NASTY cut...and it bled and bled...
and "the beast" was hurting!
Donnie cleaned it up as best he could in a short time and they took off.  We had a bandage on it, but it was still bleeding a bit.
William and I took off for his game.  I would look in the rearview mirror and see tears running down his face...but he wasn't saying anything.  I told him he did not have to play in the game...that we could just watch...  After a few minutes, he told me he might be able to play goalee since he wouldn't have to run as much.  I told him it was up to him and that I would explain to the coach what had happened.  
He thought about it a bit and then said he wouldn't get the snack if he didn't play.
"Oh yes you will," I told him.  "Your Mimi will take you to get any snack you want."
We drove into the parking lot of the field...
he undid his seatbelt and slowly got out of the car.
All of a sudden, he made a little sprint across the parking lot.
"Mimi, it hurts to walk, but it's OK to run."
and off he went!
I told the coach...she said she'd watch him.
And she did.
I saw her asking him multiple times during the game if he wanted a break.
Nope!
He played at 100% the entire game.
When the game would pause, William was limping...often holding up his shorts 
so it didn't touch his hurt knee. 


Here he is holding up his shorts...



I cringed multiple times when he fell...or was tripped...but he'd just roll with it,
hop up, and keep going.
Did I say he was a beast?



Look at that #3!

Here's one of the times he went down...
but he popped back up, grabbed the ball, and ran to the sideline to throw the ball in!



 One of his breaks...but he wouldn't rest for long!









 This was really sweet...all the parents going out on the field for the teams to run through...
I don't know if everyone did, but William ran through twice!
The Injury!
The injury that didn't stop this beast!

Way to go, William!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job William!

Uncle Gibbie & Emerson