Monday, October 02, 2017

My baby boy is 39!

 Gabrial Ryan...my baby is 39 years old today!
This picture was in August of 1979...Gabe was 10 months old.
 That's my Aunt Jane holding him.  We were at my Mimi's in Temple, Texas.  Summer evenings were often out in the backyard sittting around drinking ice coffee.  Looks like my mom was being bitten by some chiggers..or mesquitos? 
This was on August 10, 1979...my 35th birthday.  Gabe was loving being on the shoulders of his brother!
Gabe doesn't remember my dad or my Mimi.
They were so proud of him.  Here, Gabe was playing in Mimi's front yard...with her sprinkler.
 We also went to Houston in August of 1979.  Uncle Larry and Aunt Sandra lived there.  Grammy was giving Gabe a bath in their sink.  I should put this picture next to Walt playing in the sink on his first birthday!  Like father, like son...loving to hang out in the sink and play with the water!
 These pictures are a bit out of order...here we are back at Mimi's.  Uncle John, fondly referred to as UJ, always has been crazy about his nephews. 
 Mimi with my sleeping Gabrial!
 Gabe was hanging out on Mimi's backporch with my Dad.
 Gabe and my dad
Gabe wasn't walking in August of 1979, so Joshua was helping him out!
 Fast forward to 1983...
March, 1983 to be specific.
Joshua and Gabrial both were in their UJ and Aunt Becky's wedding.
 I'm not sure what Gabe is doing in this picture...making a face?
Ummmm...maybe that's where Emerson and Walt get their face-making!
 While we were in Texas, we went to the Dallas Zoo.
The kids rode the train with their dad...
I'm sure I rode it, too.
 Cousins came up from...think it was still in Houston.
Hanging out around Grammy and Grandpa's kitchen table.
That's, starting on the left, Lindsey, Joshua, Gabe, Brenda and Lissette.
 Back at Saddie's...who wasn't "Saddie" yet, but still "Sad Sack", Gabe was up in her lap.
 I'm not sure about this.  I had "March, 1983" on the back of this picture...
but the boys' have on coats!
In March...in Texas?
 April 12, 1983
Sad Sack was at our house in Weaverville.  Gabe had the chicken pox...actually, Joshua did, too. Gabe had them the worst.  Here, we were celebrating Sad Sack's birthday.  The boys' wanted it to be an "ET Party" and so it was. Gabe and Josh both had ET stuffed animals.

 Hanging out in Weaverville.  Gabe was throwing something...who knows what!
 This was on Easter Sunday.  You can really see the chicken pox on Gabe's face.
 I had forgotten about this picture.
It was always one of my favorites.  This was SO GABE!  He was fierce on his bike.
The goggles...well, that just helps make this picture adorable!
Gabe has always been the affectionate one. 
He would love on his sister...and deal her misery the next minute.
Joshua and Gabe played hard all day long.  Gabe always thought he could do everything his big brother did...from an early age.
 Marc Zywiciel was a good friend of Joshua and Gabrial.
Gabe also was a great friend with Amy, Marc's sister.  
This was in Yuba City when we had gone to visit.
I think Amy is the first girl Gabe kissed!
 Joshua, Gabrial, and Marc
The Zywiciel's had a pool.  Gabe always loved to swim.
Here the kids are on their slide...I'm not sure where Lindsey was.
It's Melissa, Amy, Gabe, Marc, and Joshua
 In July, 1983, we were heading to Texas.
We stopped in Arizona to visit with our friends, the Wood's.
We all had lived in Oregon together when Gabe was born.  They actually are the ones who kept Joshua while we headed down to Ashland for Gabe's birth!
Here are Justin, (can't remember the youngest's name), Joshua, Gabrial,  Lindsey, and Jessica.
Another of my favorites.
My 3 sweethearts.
Notice, Gabe has on his ET shirt.

Gabrial...I hope you have a wonderful 39th birthday!
I love you so much!


No comments: