Saturday, December 02, 2017

Thanksgiving Day, 2017

 No, this isn't a hat.
Benjamin's Papa put a roll of toilet paper on his head to see how long he could balance it.
Benjamin played along...and finally, after a LONG time, his Papa said, OK, you win...
and off came the roll!
 I loved these helpers!
I was making hot rolls...and both of these boys rolled them for me!
 Benjamin first of all rolled the dough out into the circle.
Then I cut each round (there were 4) into 12 slices...
then each slice was rolled up like a croissant.
 Benjamin is very meticulous...and he took his time on rolling them into the perfect form.
 William was serious about his job, but he just got right with it and rolled...
not paying as close attention to the finer details..




It was time to roll out another circle...

Look at these rolls..oh my goodness...they are so good...
and here, they were ready to rise and then stick in the oven!
Another thing the boys did...was make our centerpiece for the table.
They took random jars...filled them with greenery and fresh cranberries...
then filled with water 
and put a votive candle in it...which floated!

It was beautiful and festive!
 I remember when Benjamin made this hat in kindergarten.
 When I was down at Lindsey's and William came home with this, I asked him to please, please, please bring it at Thanksgiving...
and he remembered!!!
When I went to take this picture, I took the first one and then Lindsey told him to smile bigger...and he did...and she again said, Smile bigger...
and he did!

It was definitely a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: