Sunday, November 12, 2006

Marvin turns 93!

Marvin won't actually turn 93 years old until tomorrow - November 13th. Last night we had his birthday dinner so Camilla and Rema could be here. (Rema and Camilla left this morning to head back to Memphis for Camilla's 2-week checkup.)

We started off with Marvin's birthday dinner - Chicken Marbella, mashed potatoes, broccoli, and hot rolls. It was definitely enjoyed by all. We enjoyed being together and visiting. After awhile...out came Apples to Apples. This was played by the fireplace...Camilla's favorite place to be.

Red Velvet Cake was Marvin's birthday cake. Ron wanted me to put 93 candles on it...instead I think I used about 20 and just formed a 93. There was enough smoke from those twenty...the fire alarm probably would have gone off it I had used 93...plus, it might have been tough for Marvin to blow them all out!
Marvin blowing out his candles...notice the smoke!
Marvin and Camilla

Happy Birthday, Marvin!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell Marvin "Happy birthday" for me and tell him I get a little jealous at times when I hear of the good food you serve him, but so glad he enjoys my family and the food you prepare.
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Marvin.

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Marvin!
I think pops idea of 93 candles would have been perfect. Lighting them all would have been a different story.
Josh (The son who doesn't get a cake from his mom on his birthday)

Anonymous said...

How sad Josh - no cake from your Mum!!!

e