Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A Startling Fact...but is it really true?

My friend Lainer called me tonight to let me know a startling fact told to her by her dear retired husband... She said that He said that women speak an average of 20,000 words a day...while men speak an average of 7,000 words a day. Um? I guess it must be an unfortunate situation for men. See, we women - or the lucky ones - have wonderful groups of girlfriends to talk to. At least, that's my situation...and Lainers...but I still think 20,000 words a day is a stretch! (But if you're Lainer...and you're feeling "edgy", it might be an accurate number!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why they invented Ipods and earphones. Those 20,000 words get cut in half, depending on how loud your turn up the volume. :0 LOL
Josh (The one who's going to get it if his wife reads this post)

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, (Josh)
You are sleeping on the couch tonight!

Erica (the wife of the husband who is in big trouble)

lol I still love because I know you don't really mean that.

(??)

Anonymous said...

Ipods and earphones!!!! Erica I think the garage would be a better place!!!! Just think, to have an average, there has to be some who say much, much more!!!!!

I think I know one or two of them who have raised the average!!

Anonymous said...

actually the reason for this is because women have to repeat everything to men...
as Josh says "what?"

Yeah, the garage does sound better. It's nice and cold!!