Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hanging out at Gabe & Emily's with Linz & Donnie

I'm always happy when I'm with my kids. This weekend we were with Gabe & Emily and Linz & Donnie. While that makes me SO happy, it makes me miss Joshua, Erica, & Thalia that much more...cause they were "missing".

We went down because I had a People to People meeting on Saturday. (Have I posted that I'm going to England, Ireland and Wales this summer?) Linz and Donnie came up to visit and work on the fence...which is now, I think, finished! I'm not sure if the pile has shrunk...or if this is a new pile. You may remember "the pile" from an earlier post. As the men were coming in from finishing this Saturday afternoon ... and it was FREEZING outside, Donnie said his usual, "Boy, this was fun!" Again, a repeat from that same earlier post.

Sunday morning, Gabe put on his chef's hat (not literally) and his apron (not exactly) and cooked up his speciality...some seriously good breakfast potatoes. I don't know if they have a name... 'Gabe's potatoes' sounds good to me. He assured Linz and I that they were "NOT COOKING LIGHT."Gabe had a little company while he was cooking. He also cooked up some eggs... scrambled, fried...you name it. He aimed to please. Donnie, however, usually eats his eggs 'basted' ... but I don't think Gabe cooked any basted eggs.Some like fried...some like scrambled...The chef even had time to pose for the photographer.Linz and Donnie brought oranges from their house. Linz wanted a little fresh-squeezed orange juice to go with her 'Gabe's potatoes' and eggs. Linz even posed for the photographer, too!Oh, yum! There's nothing better - well, that may be a slight exaggeration - than fresh-squeezed orange juice!Donnie wasn't doing any 'posing action'... he was starved after the workout with the fence the day before. Gabe said Donnie was "the man" or something like that... meaning, Donnie got the job done!Emily was trying to sit down and enjoy this relaxing breakfast that her sweet husband had cooked. Biscuit, on the other hand, wanted SOMEONE to give her something to eat. Biscuit thought if she sat down, maybe Emily would be impressed and give her some food. Poor Biscuit got no where with Emily, so she thought, "Ah ha... Lindsey will give me some." Biscuit snuck up on Lindsey, but as you can see, Linz could sense someone was watching her.Lindsey felt sorry for Biscuit, but not sorry enough to give her any of her 'Gabe's potatoes' or egg. You may notice that Biscuit is no where around Donnie and MetroMan.... oops, MetroMan is more commonly referred to as "Snoop" around his kids. Ah, here's Cookie, minding her own manners, not bothering anyone for potatoes or eggs. She's in her spot, just enjoying the company of Donnie and Snoop.The Chef finally sat down to eat some of his own creation... while Emily cleaned up the mess ... and Snoop relaxed...I wanted to take a picture of Gabe and Lindsey together...and I thought I should at least take two...and then I got a sweet shot of the beggar... oh geez, sorry about that, I meant to say I got a sweet shot of BISCUIT...

Then I ventured out to check out the chickens.They were enjoying just checking out the outside world...until one of them heard the click of the camera...At which time they took off a squawking .... I think they might have thought they would get hounded for their eggs - which they are not producing yet. They ran away from the photographer and tried to hide behind blades of grass. It didn't work, but I decided that was enough.Snoop and I said our 'good-byes' and 'I love yous' and made our last stop at 'The Trader's' as we call it.It was a wonderful weekend... hanging out at Gabe & Emily's with Lindsey & Donnie... it would have only been better if Joshua, Erica, and Thalia had also been there...oh yeah, and Blu!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a fun weekend but we missed you guys Josh, Erica & Thalia. Thanks to all the fence helpers, it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Nice chickens boy! All you need now is a pig and a couple of goats. Lookin good.
Josh