Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saddie tries some sushi...

Today was ladies day ... at least for lunch.

Now what you may not understand is that Saddie has this...well, it's mental - she'll tell you that - thing about trying new foods. Sushi for instance... nori as another example. So here we are: Saddie, Lindsey, Erica, Emily, Thalia and myself out for lunch at a Japanese restaurant. Saddie wasn't sure what she'd like, so I ordered for her.

The first thing she did was ask the waiter, "Don't you have like a fork?" He brought her one. So she proceeded to take the inside of my California Roll out and eat it with her fork. She left the rice and the nori. A... I don't think so, Mom! She laughed.

After a while, the waiter brought Thalia a little gizmo to help her hold the chopsticks. Next time the waiter came, my dear mother asked, "Can I have one of those gizmos?" He understood what 'gizmo' meant and brought her one. She had actually been trying to use her chopsticks without breaking them apart.

Well, even with the 'little gizmo' - using chopsticks was a bit difficult. Thalia decided to try and help. Thus, the video.

The food was delicious...we all ended up eating as they eat in Japan...with chopsticks... which, of course, called for some photo ops...some flattering, some - well, not so flattering. We had a grand time... it was 'memories being made' - as mom said.

2 comments:

Patti said...

I wish that I could have been with ya'll. Sadsack was loads of laughs, I'm sure!

Judy said...

We would have loved you ... and the girls to have been here! Well... ya'll should come on out!