Monday, October 13, 2008

An Addendum to "The Boy Grows Up"

Being in Medford brings back a lot of great memories. We never actually lived in Medford, but I spent a lot of time there in my younger days... younger days with the boys. That was BL (Before Lindsey) (If you click the title of this post, it will take you to "The Boy Grows Up.")Oh geez, you must be thinking, Why in the world would there be a picture of this on The Johnston Chronicles?

Come on, let me take you a little closer:You are correct if you are thinking this looks like a Wendy's Hamburger place. If you know me, you also know I haven't walked into a fast food restaurant (except to use the...well, the facilities!) in YEARS. I would rather not eat than eat somewhere like this.

Now this is not just ANY Wendy's...no, it's THE Wendy's in Medford, Oregon... the one my guy and I went to just hours after the Boy was born back on October 2, 1978 - 30 years ago! I told my guy we just HAD to go take a picture of it. He told me I should get a pumpkin and put it under my shirt so he could take a picture. "You'll look pregnant," he said.

"Dear, I was NOT pregnant when we went there with the Boy," I informed him. "Remember, we had just LEFT the hospital after he had been born!"

Then my guy said we should have stopped on the way to the hospital in 1978 and had someone take our picture.

Uh, No... I was like, in LABOR with a MOOSE OF A CHILD!

Then my guy also remembered it would have been dark at that time.

Enough... we drove off having a discussion of whether or not I had eaten. I don't think I did. But... the moral of this story is... the Boy loves fast food... as does the Older Boy ... they don't get that from their mother!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember stopping to get a hamburger and a malt at Wendys. Josh went in with me and I turned the tray over. I had flown in to see my new grandson. I still like their frozen malts. Love you, Mother

Anonymous said...

What you should have done is take a picture of Snoop in baby's clothes and put a burger in his mouth. Then it would be like good old 1978 all over again!

Anonymous said...

funny story. J loves wendys, I know what you mean about "that" kind of food. Glad you had fun on your trip, that is HUGE pumpkin, was in on steroids?