Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rema brings me a gift from Nada...in Texas!


This is a chunk of granola...
It came out of this bag. You may notice that there isn't much IN this bag.. That's because I ate it. My dear friend, Rema, just returned from a trip to Texas to see some of her aunts. Nada, one of these aunts, is also a friend of mine. Nada, bless her soul, sent me some granola...some 'OH MY GOSH, THIS IS DIVINE' granola. So after just simply munching on it, I actually used it with my favorite lunch.

Let's start with the best yogurt... Nancy's yogurt .... Nancy's Plain, Non-fat yogurt... Nancy's that packages her yogurt in No. 2 plastics. (I thank Nancy, the environment thanks Nancy...)
Besides the yogurt, I had an apple and a bowl. You'll also need a knife, spoon, and of course, granola from Nada. If you can't reach Nada, or if you run out of Nada's granola (as I have done), you can get a high quality granola. It'll just have to do.
Start by spooning some yogurt into the bowl.
Cut your apple in half.
This is what it will look like once it's cut in half. (Just in case you're a beginner at this, I thought I'd show you a picture.)
Cut it again. This will now be in fourths. (A fraction lesson!) Now you're ready to start dicing it up. CAUTION... be careful. Notice how close that blade is to my finger? CAUTION...
Just drop those diced parts right into that bowl of yogurt.
Oh geez! BE CAREFUL with that knife!
...especially when you get down to the end. Actually, this is usually when I just eat that part.
Now stir it up. If you're out of granola, you have my permission to eat it just like this. I do it all the time.
Fortunately for me, however, I have Nada's granola. So I can just start dropping some of it into the bowl on top of the yogurt/apple mixture.
Keep pouring it on....
...a little more...
...just go ahead and empty the bag... (NADA...I'm OUT!)
Now...look at this! Oh yum!
It's time to taste...
...and taste again... That's Ashley in the background. I think she was curious what all this was going to taste like.
Oh... my favorite lunch of apples and yogurt was totally made divine by Nada's granola.

Thanks, Nada!


P.S. Just incase you were wondering how in the world I was able to take pictures while I was making this delectable dish, I wasn't. Introducing my photographer: Vanessa!Didn't she do a great job? I knew she was a woman after my own heart when she got excited for catching the granola in the air as I was dropping it into the bowl! Way to go, Vanessa!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She takes better pictures than me! It all looks yummie!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am so glad you liked the granola. It is my favorite too. So,fear not I will shop tomorrow and get some on it's way this week end. I need to mail Rema's jacket, anyway.(She left it in the car, well hidden in the folded third seat.)
We really miss her and John it was so great to spend time with them.
Now,I really need a Judy fix too.
Nada

Anonymous said...

yes i do
vanessa(the photographer)