Monday, October 27, 2008

Zucchini and Tomatoes

I am not a political person. I don't like politics...and don't much care to talk about politics. I'm already sick of all the talk between the candidates - and at this time, with the election so close - it's just intensified.This cartoon describes it pretty well! This next cartoon, while equally as good, reminds me of one of my students - Kaia. Now Kaia is a dream...an absolute sweetheart...extremely bright...just an all around exceptional young person. A few weeks ago at her parent-teacher conference, her dad told me that Kaia had asked him who he was going to vote for. His answer, "The lesser of the two evils." Kaia didn't know what that meant, so he told her this:

"Which would you rather eat, zucchini or tomatoes?" he asked her.

"Yuck, neither one. I don't like either one of them," Kaia answered.

"No, say you HAD to eat one. Which one would you eat?"

"Well, I guess I'd eat zucchini."

"Exactly," said her dad. "I'm voting for zucchini."

Kaia understood. Now all Room 8 (my classroom) understands.

Thanks, Peter!

No comments: