Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to Thalia!


I love this picture... Thalia and her Mimi. (That's me!)

I can hardly believe how much she has grown... she's in 4th grade, the same grade I teach. She and I have talked MANY times about how fun it would be if she lived here and could be in my class. I miss being close to them, but know they are happy where they live.

I have been going back through pictures I've taken since I had a digital camera...and some of my favorite pictures of Thalia. When 'my favorites' became too many to post, I went to 'my favorites of my favorites' - which is still too many. So, here are some pictures of Thalia that I love -
Thalia with her Uncle Gabe - in April, 2006With her Aunt Lindsey - April, 2006How cute can you get?Oh, how Thalia loves Ozzy!
April, 2006April, 2006Thalia and I had gone to the zoo...April, 2006

Thalia absolutely loves to draw...and she does it so well!

It was on this trip in April, 2006, that Thalia learned how to ride her bicycle!This was taken in late 2006 or early 2007. What a cute apron... is Joshua requesting scones?Erica sent me some photos taken this day at the beach. This is probably my favorite of that bunch.

I love, absolutely love this picture! So sweet, laying in bed reading High School Musical. Thalia is an incredible reader!

Ahhh, Erica and Thalia... I'm so glad they came into my life!In June, 2007, Joshua and Thalia came up to visit. Thalia wanted to 'go see nature.' We did.

Not only did she want to 'see' nature, she got up close and personal with a banana slug, which ended up putting us in a national magazine! This isn't the photo they published, but I actually love it better than the one they did.In June, 2008, Josh, Erica, and Thalia came to visit...actually, all our family came, including Saddy! Thalia, still crazy about Ozzy, brought him over to play!

Thalia's love of art is still strong!

Still wanting to 'go see nature', we ventured north.

Thalia and her Papa.

Sometimes, seeing nature, can make a Mimi a little nervous... Even though Thalia is an EXPERT RIPSTICKER, a Mimi still gets a bit nervous watching!

This was Ladies-Day... all of us went out to eat Japanese food. Thalia instructed her Saddy how to use chopsticks!

The Ladies....


Happy Birthday, Thalia!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ruggy! I love you...
Josh

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed talking with you last night and I'll be waiting to see the picture of your new hairdo. Happy Birthdayd. I love you, Saddie

Anonymous said...

my little girl is getting so big so fast. Happy Birthday to you my baby girl and I'm glad you had fun at Libby Lu! NOW STOP GROWING, THAT'S AN ORDER! I love you sweetheart,
Your mommy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birhday Thalia!
I hope you had an amazing and wonderful day.
I love you so much and I miss you more than anything. I can't wait to see you..whenever that will be. I love you girl!

Love,
Sami

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Thalia!!! Such great pictures! Can't wait to see you over Christmas. Love, Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Thalia, Happy Birthday. We love you and miss you!

Uncle John & Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

Thalia, this is your Uncle Gabe. Listen to your mother and stop growing because you are as cute as a little bug. Your Aunt Emily and I miss you and your Mom... oh and Emily says she misses Josh. I guess I miss the Grute too now that I think of it... but not as much as you Thalia. Happy Birthday!!

Love,

Uncle Gabe and Aunty Em