Friday, October 03, 2008

The Boy grows up


See the boy? No, not sweet little Josh...but Gabe..."the boy." He's there, still hidden. I must have been about 6 months pregnant here. My dad and brother had come to Oregon to visit... I think it was in June.

We didn't have ultrasounds and all that, so I didn't really know I would be having 'the boy', but I knew. I knew with each one of my kids what they were. Mother's instinct?

Josh and Gabe, Gabe and Josh...they were best buddies. Oh, Gabe dealt Josh some misery here and there, and Josh dealt Gabe some misery too. Brothers will be brothers.I would think Josh was doing a good thing here, but Gabe obviously had another opinion.Ok, here they are...singing in the tub!See that truck in Gabe's hand? It was his birthday, his first birthday, and that truck was a gift from his big brother, Josh. Now Josh seems to be a bit fed up with the whole picture-taking scenario. You can see he's saying "Cheeeeeese" but without any enthusiasm whatsoever!
Gabe got this tricycle for his first birthday....

Fast forward... the boy is growing up....
Doesn't he look.... fierce?
and strong....Yep, that's our boy...our baby boy (Of course, Josh is also still our baby boy. Lindsey is still our baby girl...do they ever grow up? The answer is NO...)

Yesterday, October 2, 2008, this baby boy turned 30 years old! How can that be? I remember when the kids use to sit at our breakfast bar and I would say their ages to myself... 7, 9, 11... and here they are, almost 28, 30, & 32! Oh my!

Happy Birthday, Gabe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, Happy Birthday Boy. Definitely a quality picture of you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Grute! See that 6 pack? Unfortunately gravity has turned it into a 12 pack...maybe even a pony keg! Comes with the territory of being 30 though. We missed you guys and wish you lived closer.

Sincerely,

Little Grute.

Anonymous said...

Hey Gabe, where did that body go? Just Kidding!

Love ya and Happy Birthday,

UJ

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gabe, sorry so late. We love you and we'll see you soon!
Love Erica and Thalia
Love the pics!