Monday, October 13, 2008

Our annual fall mini-vacation to Oregon


This past weekend was the fifth weekend in a row I've traveled...but this one, I was really looking forward to. My guy and I love to head to Medford, Oregon and go to their jazz festival. The weekend did not disappoint...it was a much needed and welcome rest!

Even though I must say that summer is my favorite season, fall is a close second. It's just so beautiful with the leaves changing colors... and then, there's pumpkins. In Medford, there were GIANT pumpkins...to the tune of over 1,300 pound pumpkins - well, there was ONE 1,300+ pound pumpkin!

My guy told me to stand next to this whopper so readers of this blog (of which he is NOT) could really tell how big it was.
On Saturday, there had been a Pumpkin Weigh Off... We didn't have a clue about it because we were enjoying listening to some of our favorite jazz musicians. This 'Weigh Off' happened at Harry and David's, one of our customary stops on the Sunday after the Jazz festival!
Look at all these pumpkins! Harry and David's always has them displayed so... well, old fashioned... or, well, you can figure it out.A little extra bonus we had was driving to the Medford Costco and seeing gas for $3.08 per gallon! That's pretty sad that we were excited about over $3 gas... but everywhere else in town it was about $3.50 a gallon... ridiculous.

What a wonderful weekend with my guy!

No comments: