Thursday, October 09, 2008

I finally spent my birthday money...

My birthday was in August. Quite a few years ago, on my birthday, I put aside the money I had received as gifts. I added to that the money I received from having student teachers... and I kept adding to it every August. I had decided I would just wait and buy something I really wanted instead of just buying little things...

I found what I wanted...
I've been watching this curio cabinet for... well, I don't know how long, but it's been quite awhile! It was a bit expensive, but then it went on sale October 1st... at 10 a.m.

I had signs in two places in my classroom reminding my sweetheart students to remind their teacher to CALL AT 9:55 to order the curio cabinet..and the...
coffee table! I called, gave them my credit card, and to put icing on the cake, they delivered it at 3:30 that afternoon!

The room's getting cozier!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, the cabinet and table are beautiful. Is the cabinet the piece of furniture you were telling me about this summer? I'm anxious to see them. Love Mother

Judy said...

Thanks, Mom! Yep, I'm sure that curio cabinet is the one I told you about. I've been watching it...thinking about it... for a while. When they went on sale, I knew it was time!