Sunday, August 02, 2009

Addison turns 23

Addison was making a wish... making a wish before he blew out 23 flaming candles on his cake.

His father, my sweet little baby brother, kept asking him, "Addison, ADDISON, are you making a wish, are you???" I actually think that's why Addison had his eyes closed. He was tuning his dad out.

(I'm taking artistic license here... see, Addison's eyes were not closed because he was making a wish, and my sweet little baby brother was not asking him that question.)
His sweet wife, Kasi, was staying out of that conversation. She was more interested in ordering the pizza.Addison's cousin, Joshua, my oldest baby boy, was contemplating what kind of 'wierd' things might be on the pizza. Joshua is a rather...well, picky eater.
Thalia, Addison's official 'second cousin' was just plain happy to be part of the festivities!Saddie, sweet mother to my little baby brother and myself, was soaking it all in. She loves to have her family together. All my group certainly wasn't there, but some of us were. We were anticipating what Saddie would say after she ate her pizza, "Um, um, this is the best pizza I've ever had, bar none!"My dear sister-in-law, Rebecca, commonly called Becky, or Mama by Addison and Sami, wanted to do whatever her little boy wanted! Mama's love to make their babies happy...Sami, my sweetheart of a niece...and Addison's baby sister, was there to cheer him on into his 24th year.Addison was just wanting to eat pizza...he wanted everyone to get over all the gushy stuff. I think he feels like his cousin, Gabe...who thinks there are only certain birthdays that are a big deal...and Gabe would think #23 wouldn't be such a big deal. HOWEVER, I'm sure his cousin Gabe would have loved to have been here for this celebration.Saddie wanted to have her picture made with Addison. That's Ok. None of the rest of us had our feelings hurt TOO bad since she could have cared less about having her picture made with us! That's Ok...fine..."Fine!" my little baby brother thought. I'll just have my picture made with Kasi...and then he said, "Hey Judy, look over here...take our picture...prettyplease?" Addison was busy opening his presents. He got some guitar books.He actually got 2 guitar books...That made Thalia EXCITED...because she is also a guitar player... sometimes she makes me cry when she plays...she's just so good...and when she sings along, oh my, I just melt.Addison was contemplating which song he would try first. I think he decided on 'Hey Jude' by the Beatles, in honor, of course, of his favorite aunt in California.I was telling the group how I felt like Addison belonged more with my side of the family than my little baby brothers. Addison eats like us, likes to cook like Lindsey and I, has many of the same interests as we do... well, his mama began to tell me that she didn't agree...But seeing as Becky is about as sweet as can be, and would never want to hurt anyone's feelings, she just kept smiling...even giving out a chuckle or two as she staunchly disagreed with her sister-in-law!"OK you two, cut it out now before someone gets upset," this was from the eldest of the group, the resident octogenarian.Back to the birthday boy... I figured I certainly needed to take a picture with him and his wife of... um? will it be 2 years in November? Kasi said, "Time flies when you're having fun!" I told her I knew that...Joshua was delighted that he had liked...no, that he had loved, the pizza... pizza without anything wierd on it. I don't think Addison wanted to hurt his mama's feelings by letting her know there were actually NOT 23 candles on the cake. He just acted surprised and got ready to blow out the candles.He tried to act like he was trying real hard...But, dadgumit, there's that one little spark still on that candle...But never fear, all you readers of the JohnstonChronicles, he got the candle out and hopefully will get his wish...The candles came off, the cake was sliced, and my little baby brother said, "Um, Um, good!"

Happy 23rd Birthday, Addison!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Addison! Looks like a lot of fun... So many of the things I love: Family, Pizza, Chit Chat, Pizza and Birthday Fun.

Everybody's lookin good, sorry we missed it!

2 Es & the G

Anonymous said...

Addison, you made a great choice for dinner. Food was awesome and the company was great. Judy, great blog. You are my favorite sister in the whole wide world.

Love ya,

Dad and Brother

Anonymous said...

Good blog my sweet sister-in-law. We sure had a great time on my Addison's big day. Love you, Becky

Anonymous said...

So glad the blog is back. I've been missing it. Wish everyong could have been there with us to celebrate Addison's big day. It was fun and the food delicious. Love to all, Saddie

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day little cousin. At least I wasn't there to eat your last piece of cake! (Like I did one time on accident!)
Lindsey

Anonymous said...

We had a lot of fun too! And yes, it will be 2 years in November!!

Kasi