Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Why do I blog?


I honestly believe that my Dad is one of the main reasons I blog...

because I love to write...

and my Dad was a writer...

he enjoyed it - I enjoy it.

I saw a quote from Anais Nin which also sums up writing for me:

We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.

Another reason, but totally related, is that I absolutely love my family...I love to document our lives, to share what's going on since we are so scattered around the state...and the country. I love to share our lives with those people who are our friends.

I hear about people who read this blog ... people I had no idea about. That makes me happy... a friend of mine once apologized for reading it. She said she felt she was intruding... If I didn't want others to read it, I would make it private. You're not intruding...I enjoy blogging, and I love that others enjoy reading it!

My Dad would have been my biggest reader, I'm sure!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so right about your dad being your best reader of your blog but I think your forgetting about your mother. It's a wonderful blog. You are so like your dad and for that I am thankful. Thanks again for your call. I love you, Mother

Anonymous said...

I never met your dad Judy Len, but I guess he would have LOVED having his own BLAWG! Laner

Anonymous said...

Judy, great Blog! Great pictures of Dad.

Love ya,

Your fav bro